[Utility] ModTools (beta)

whoward69

DLL Minion
Verify mods, merge mods and (re-)create ModBuddy projects.

NOTE: You will need Java 6 (1.6.0) or later correctly installed on your system to use this tool.

Download the ModTools.jar file and save it somewhere

To start the tool ...
... if Java is installed on the path, double-click "ModTools.jar",
... otherwise, from a command prompt, enter "{path_to_java}\java -jar ModTools.jar"

Attachments

• ModTools01.jpg
    ModTools01.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 641
Somehow the tool finds errors in almost every mod that adds civilization.

Also, when enabling the fixing of those small errors, on the next error check there's new error.
Mostly one of the most popular errors are the one which says that "<gamedata> is missing, but when I add the required lines, still there's no change.

That would be nothing, but it seems that merging of mods is only possible without found errors, as they seem to freeze the process.

Somehow the tool finds errors in almost every mod that adds civilization.

Specific examples (with non-Steam links to where I can download them from) needed

Great tool -- finally I can merge dozens of mods into a few broad collections (gameplay, interface, ...)! Suggestion: In the automatically created description of the new mod, also list the version numbers of the included mods.

I can't seem to download this properly..........it keeps coming out as a bunch of files and CLASS docs, no runnable application.

I have a question about your merging mods tutorial. When using two mods that have a DLL file how do I go about it. Do I have to rename the DLL files? I tries merging them but only one mod had the DLL active and the other one didn't work.

When using two mods that have a DLL file how do I go about it.

You can't. You can only have one DLL active at a time, so a mod, by definition, cannot contain two DLLs (for the same version - vanilla, G&K, BNW).

It is also not possible to "merge" the DLLs together as they contain compiled C++ code.

Which mods are you trying to merge? If it's two from my DLL, CSD and CivIV Diplo, then there is already a single DLL for those

I can't download the .jar file (zipped or unzipped) from your site. Do I need to change my browser settings? I'm using Firefox 31 with Windows XP, if that helps. Thank you again!

P.S. What I could use most in a modding utility these days: a "package splitter" to extract one item from a package mod, turning it into a standalone choice. It's tedious to add a 16-in-1 collection of new civs, resources, or wonders -- just to get two or three favorites.

Could you please attach the .zip archive here?
No - I'm only going to maintain one copy of the utilty - the one on my web-site

That gives me "Save Link As", with an HTML copy of the page (not a .jar file) as the result
In which case you can't be clicking on the bold zip file text

D'oh! I've downloaded and unzipped the file now, but there's still nothing with a .jar extension. The latest Java is already on my PC; what should I do next?

Top Bottom