V 0.80: What we really know about Russia-The-Mother?:)

Crimean Lord

Warlord
Similarly, these Slavs came and sat down the Dnieper and called themselves glades, while others - Drevlyans, because they sat in the forests, while others sat between Pripyat and Dvina and called themselves Dregovichi, some sat down the Dvina and called themselves Polotsk, along the river flowing into the Dvina, called Polota, from which the Polotsk people were named (с) Nestor's Monography "Tale of Bygone Years"

About Structure:

I have decided to cut the Long Russian Way in the Rhyes-and-Fall and then make a few parts which combine my feelings, feedback and also actual suggestions

Episode ONE: "Rise of the Young Moscow's State or there is no Kievan Rus?"

Well... Russians starts in the Upper Volga's Regions in the 860!
I think if they starts so early - we could use Dnieper's plains as a start location
Alternative way is make Kievan Rus as a typical city state wich have for example two cities Kyiv and Pskov/Novgorod (as I can see - for gameplay's reasons it is a much better desicion)

Then I choosen Moscow-Pskov-Kyiv as the most important sities in the very beggining which should to transform into heart of the future Empire
On the one hand: I am afraid barbarains from the East because I remember about Qazan in Rhies-and-Fall for Civ-4 + its spirital sucсessor Dawn-of-Civilizations
On the other hand: new-birth Russia have opportunity to 'block" north-west and south-west regions from european expansion
Generally I don't think that barbrains' horsemans which simulate pechenegs (and their sucсessors) are powerfull enemy. And it's 100% realistic - because until Mongols historically appears in the Rus' Plain local rtibes had no chances against Rus' Princes
So I think we really need QazanKazan' as barb sity-state which would generate permanent militaristic for the young Russia. Currently there is unhistorical geelings that eastern expansion for Russians is so easy choise.

By the way: in the mid of 13 century I've succecfully found the last religion
Of cource I choosen Orthodox Chourch: as I understand in the final verson religion mechahic would base on triggers and perhaps they will have a little bit other bonuses/features etc

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 159
I love Kazan'! I've been there and really wish to visit again soon.
Kiev or Kazan as an additional city state could be interesting, while keepin in mind that: -there won't be a new minor civ, but simply militaristic independent; carefully evaluating the impact on gameplay, especially when Russia is controlled by the AI; evaluating the impact on complexity, as the map is very loaded with objects already.

Regarding starting location, I would not move from Moscow. But pushing it a few years later, to Moscow's birth (after 950AD) would be any better?

Top Bottom