v100 out soon.

it's up

Please rate the mod in the new file database!!

The log has changed since first post.
Take a look:

- Tundra offers 0 food
- Barbarians in central Asia last longer; lighter Celtic presence
- Added Rusadir, Cartagena, Bordeax and Lyon (barbarian cities to help Rome)
- Seoul moved 1 tile north
- Added a tear of oil in Alberta and some more Stone and Marble in India and North America
- Improved Caribben area
- Redrawn New York area, together with city names and settlers maps (now New York will be founded rather than Baltimore)
- Mining jungle is allowed with Biology again
- For this reason, some jungle was removed from India
- Changed position of some resources in England, France and Spain to achieve a better city placement
- Weakened China and Greece, helped India (through modifiers)
- Keshiks now have +50% versus melee units
- Updated Roman, Spanish, German and English city names map
- Added a few French city names (and updated settlers map accordingly)
- Fixed some city renaming not happening
- Arabian and Russian flip area slightly larger
- BASE_UNIT_UPGRADE_COST set to 10, UNIT_UPGRADE_COST_PER_PRODUCTION set to 2
- AI Civs immune to any type of collapse in their early life (first 25 turns)
- Fixed ruins bug – banished forever! Now human player will always start in a free region and convert surrounding cities later. If there were anything in the starting plot, it’ll be erased. The same for the AI until the human player is born. After that, no changes for the AI (can be born in foreign borders as usual)
- Fixed American ships on land bug
- Fixed bug of capitals flipping if the human player is the owner
- Added rebel civs system! AI Civs can now resurrect after the discovery of Constitution or Liberalism, in large empires, when there are 4 or more dead civs. Both AI and human player, as the owner, are sent out with their troops of the cities, and can decide to repress or make peace.
- There’s another resurrection condition, similar to the other one, that’s triggered in games dominated by barbs
- [AI tweak] Workers now won’t build roads in empty tiles
- Added German localization
- Christianity scripted founding in Jerusalem range in turns reduced from 15 to 8
- City flips now always happen by trade because by conquests there’s the risk to be razed by mistake
- Unlocked AI city trading
- Lowered value AI assigns to cities
- AI should now tell you the declaration of war in case of territorial claims
- German UP extended to upgraded units
- AI Wars more frequent
- Added an Ester Egg :mischief:

Damn! It's 6AM and was JUST about to go to sleep! Oh well, I'll download, rate then crash (on my bed). Finally had to reinstall/repatch Civ to get it working, just finished a great Spanish game on 0.97. On to Mongolia!

Off topic, I move back into college this Sunday, so my play time will be GONE after that. :cry: More later.

SilverKnight

Now you did it. I´m gonna stop playing warlords!

I will stop playing warlords after completion of a game on 24 civs of Rhye :D

I will stop playing warlords after completion of a game on 24 civs of Rhye :D

Strange....1.00 changed my .ini file. :(

On version 0.97 Persia asked for my Jerusalem during a World Congress. I accepted because they had ALOT of Cavlary in Asia Minor near Byzantion. The next thing I know my city in Siani (2 squares away from Jerusalem) flipped, the old Egyptian capital (2 squares away from Siani) flipped, 3 cities within 3 tiles from the old Egyptian capital flipped, and 1 city 2 squares away from one of those 3 flipped.

I thought I had read that the domino effect was removed from the Satrapy Power but does that include World Congresses too. I'm not even sure my city in Siani should flip.

Luckily I had a small army of 4 Cavalry and 2 Cannon in Jerusalem, I moved them to a free tile, declared war and got all my cities (save Jerusalem) in 1 turn. The cities were all undefended except that last city which flipped (2 tiles away from a city which was 3 tiles away from the Old Egyptian Capital).

I don't mind capitals of extict civs still giving the 3 tile flip upon conquest, but some fixing is needed to curb the Persian UP.

EDIT: after conquering the old Egyptian capital 1 of the cities that flipped (in modern Chad) contained a Galleon?? By the way, I am on Medium Difficulty, am France, and have conquered Europe and Africa. I am so proud. This is a great mod, Rhye!

Crayton said:
On version 0.97 Persia asked for my Jerusalem during a World Congress. I accepted because they had ALOT of Cavlary in Asia Minor near Byzantion. The next thing I know my city in Siani (2 squares away from Jerusalem) flipped, the old Egyptian capital (2 squares away from Siani) flipped, 3 cities within 3 tiles from the old Egyptian capital flipped, and 1 city 2 squares away from one of those 3 flipped.

I thought I had read that the domino effect was removed from the Satrapy Power but does that include World Congresses too. I'm not even sure my city in Siani should flip.

Luckily I had a small army of 4 Cavalry and 2 Cannon in Jerusalem, I moved them to a free tile, declared war and got all my cities (save Jerusalem) in 1 turn. The cities were all undefended except that last city which flipped (2 tiles away from a city which was 3 tiles away from the Old Egyptian Capital).

I don't mind capitals of extict civs still giving the 3 tile flip upon conquest, but some fixing is needed to curb the Persian UP.

EDIT: after conquering the old Egyptian capital 1 of the cities that flipped (in modern Chad) contained a Galleon?? By the way, I am on Medium Difficulty, am France, and have conquered Europe and Africa. I am so proud. This is a great mod, Rhye!
Seems like something should be added in which makes Persia's UP not apply when the city is acquired through a World Congress.

Not sure where to post it, but I slightly re-wrote the infoblurb Rhye had up. Ciao.

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization is the sequel to the classic Rhye's of Civilization.

Neither fully a scenario nor fully a modpack, this hybrid changes many of the core game elements, but is only played on the unique world map contained within.

The original Rhye's of Civilization (Civ3) focused on streamlining the Civilization experience to provide a more interesting game. This time around, the goal has been to simulate the development of the world from 3000BC to 2050AD.
While not including hordes of new units and passles of new civilizations, this mod focuses on changing how the game is played without taking away the core elements of what makes Civ so fun.

Features:
- A 124x68 world map with enlarged Europe for better gameplay
- Dynamic rise and fall of civilizations
- Ability to switch to a later civilization mid-game
- Dynamic spread of resources
- Reprogrammed AI that adapts its behaviour to the Earth map and places accurately named cities
- Python events that reproduce historical barbarian attacks
- Unique powers for each civilization
- World Congress where cities are traded
- New flags and terrain graphics (including a new terrain: Marsh!)
- Recreates the feel of the original!

Rhye, I noticed that civs now want to trade cities in the diplo screen :goodjob:

But the bad thing is that you can´t trade anything for them :sad:

Nope, but I was hoping to buy a far away city from another civ, or buy back one I lost due to a congress... ;)

Top Bottom