v137 Enemy's Influence [King Difficulty]

brainzl0v3r

Chieftain
I'm playing on KING difficutly with the v137 of the mod.

The problem is,in every game I used this mod one of the enemy's civilizations had A LOT of influence over all city states.
Right in this game,Rammsess is having 930 influence over all the city states I've met,and its impossible to regain them.

In my current game, Grace is taking over all CityStates of the world. They have maybe 6 cities and + 50 gold income, yet every turn their influence with most of them rise and rise.
Even if i was to spend ALL my gold and set ALL my cities to produce diplo units ( CSD ) i would have no chance of getting a single CS ally.

Agree that this needs to be balanced out. The problem is that the AI has so much gold. Then it becomes like a silly bidding war.

In my recent game using Polynesia, I was going for a cultural win. So I allied with 3 cultural city-states. Towards the second half of the game, India and Arabia had lots of gold, so every few turns it would be something like this:

Turn 250: India has now supplanted you as ally of Vienna
Turn 251: I spend gold and so it becomes "You have supplanted India as ally of Vienna"
Turn 255: India has now supplanted you as ally of Vienna
Turn 261: I spend gold and so it becomes "You have supplanted India as ally of Vienna"

And on and on it goes, over and over again, until I run out of gold because my GPT can never match the AI's...

Is it possible to set a cooling-off period for city-state alliances? That is, once a civilization allies with a city-state, you or any other civilization will have to wait X number of turns before you can spend gold to ally with that city-state?

I had a treasury of 7000 gold built up with an income of 200 gpt in a prince game, and Korea who has only 1 decent city 11 pop and two junk cities in the tundra is beating me up horribly in the influence area. I had taken his capial of Seoul 100 turns ago. He is dead last in Policies and Techs and has no wonders.

On turn 244 they jumped up to 1030 influence, then on turn 280 they had over 2040 influence. Looking at his profile it says he is only making 10 GP per turn. Yet he can afford that kind of influence?

By the way he did this with two CS's, same exact levels on each. So either there is a bug here or they are getting some super huge gold bonuses from something.

I wonder if maybe the CS influence AI buy logic isn't subtracting the gold from their gold stock?

I'd like to see what you think in v140. :)

@Zaldron
PHP:
influence = chosenMinor:GetFriendshipFromGoldGift(playerID, budget)
Player_ChangeYieldStored(player, YieldTypes.YIELD_GOLD, -1 * budget)
chosenMinor:ChangeMinorCivFriendshipWithMajor(playerID, influence)

Should "Player_ChangeYieldStored(player, YieldTypes.YIELD_GOLD, -1 * budget)" really say player or should it be playerID like the other two calls?

In short, the middle one is a function I wrote, and the other two are vanilla functions.

In more detail, you can tell the difference because mine uses an _ underscore instead of a : colon. I'd like to use the : format but don't know how, or even if it's possible. If I could do so the middle function would be:

player:ChangeYieldStored(YieldTypes.YIELD_GOLD, -1 * budget)

This is why it passes "player" instead of "playerID". It's a function for the Player class. I just don't think I can actually add it to the player class... I tried figuring out a way to do so a year ago, without success, and no one in the modding forum knew either. It's easier for Firaxis because they have their main lua library.

Top Bottom