[v30]organized trait not working properly?

martinuzz

Chieftain
I've recently started a new game.
I'm playing with no negative traits, and pure traits on, as well as trait development.
I'm playing the Romans.
When reading the tooltip on the organized trait, it tells me I get 30 free units.
However, I have only about 20 units, mostly subdued wildlife.
And they're costing me tons of upkeep.

Is this a bug, or does the trait only start working after it gets it's first development level up?

I need a screenshot please.

Please hold the mouse over your flag. If you show there that you have the Organized trait, then please hold shift and mouse over the flag repeatedly until the Organized trait is showing in full.

If you show there that you DON'T have the organized trait than blammo we have an answer there. If you started with No Positive Traits on Gamestart then you wouldn't have the default traits your leader normally starts with and that COULD create a bit of confusion I suppose.

What I'm mostly curious to see is if the display on Organized trait in the game is showing the line that states the 30 free units. Sounds like it does. Therefore the problem, if there is one, wouldn't be coming from the pure traits... hmm... perhaps a screen shot of the financial advisor where it breaks down the support costs could be helpful too.

Not saying its not possible that the TAG itself isn't working fully correctly... I don't think that's one of the ones I put in and it may need review.

When I hold the mouse over the flag, and shift click until I get details on the organized trait, it does say I get 30 free units.

I did not start with no positive traits. I did select no negative traits, and pure traits.
I have to do some RL stuff now, when I get back I'll make 2 screenies.

I did make a screenie of the organized thread. It shows the 30 free unit bonus.
Unfortunatly, I can't seem to make a screenshot of the financial advisor. Printscreen button doesn't work until I close the advisor. You can have a look at it for yourself though, just grab the savegame I attached to the bug report about stack attack I posted earlier.
organized trait0000.JPG

EDIT: I just looked at the screenshot, and noticed that the printscreen does not capture tooltip overlays. So to look at it, you'll also have to grab the savegame.

Interesting... looking at your save, you've got something like 19 in unit maintenance before a recalc and 1 after. Perhaps there was a change in the organized trait since you began the game that added the unit maintenance? I'm not sure how this takes place. But I CAN tell you that it sorts itself out after a recalc.

Interesting... looking at your save, you've got something like 19 in unit maintenance before a recalc and 1 after. Perhaps there was a change in the organized trait since you began the game that added the unit maintenance? I'm not sure how this takes place. But I CAN tell you that it sorts itself out after a recalc.

Odd. I started this game in a fresh and new install of version 30 (I mean, I deleted the complete mods/CtC map, and replaced it with the new version 30), no changes were made after game start. Also, no trait promotions yet (ofcourse, seeing how early in the game it still is)
If I encounter the problem again, at least I know that I can fix it with a recalc, thanks.
Too late for this civ, it already died to bankrupcy XD. I couldn't save up animals to make herds or whatever, so that kinda killed that game.

EDIT: I did 'change' one thing after game start: I cheated in some bonus rescources around my capital using the worldbuilder.

Maybe the worldbuilder turned off the traits somehow, needing a recalc?
Uneducated guess: placing rescources made the game think I wasn't playing my civ anymore, so the traits got lost in the process?

Top Bottom