V34 feedback

I've found that medieval era seems a bit short in terms of tech compared to the others.

Given the popular view of this era as "dark times where few technological progress were made" (though this wasn't really true), may I suggest to keep the same techs in the ere, but significantly raise their cost ? (like x2 or x3 minimum)

This would give a specific "tech stagnation" feel to the era, while increasing its duration so we have time to play with all those castles and siege units :)

I think this would be fine for the 3 slowest game speeds. But not so good for Normal, Epic, and possibly Marathon.

JosEPh

I've found that medieval era seems a bit short in terms of tech compared to the others.

Given the popular view of this era as "dark times where few technological progress were made" (though this wasn't really true), may I suggest to keep the same techs in the ere, but significantly raise their cost ? (like x2 or x3 minimum)

This would give a specific "tech stagnation" feel to the era, while increasing its duration so we have time to play with all those castles and siege units :)

I'm against this. I think C2C allows to make your own history instead of rewriting existing history. The thing is, spending gold on units/wars should lead to a much slower Research progression but actually balancing this through the eras and gamespeeds is very difficult.

I'm against this. I think C2C allows to make your own history instead of rewriting existing history. The thing is, spending gold on units/wars should lead to a much slower Research progression but actually balancing this through the eras and gamespeeds is very difficult.

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting slowing tech overall, but just during the medieval era, which is very short compared to the other eras. If that raises overall gamespeed issues, then increasing tech cost during medieval could be balanced by lowering it elsewhere.
Another option (but that I find less interesting) would be to transfer some classical or renaissance techs in the medieval era.

+1 with Rwn
But maybe it's because of too big science bonus in thie era too...

I've counted 41 techs in the medieval era, while there are more than 700 tech overall (meaning an average of 70+ per era). If you scroll the tech tree, the shortness of the era is quite clear...

IM not sure if this is the right place, but here it is.
I love the mod, its truly is a new game every time I start over again. I tried to install the new 34v download but it seems that none of the changes are coming trough. Like the new wonders and stuff they are not in the civpedia
Spoiler :
Wonders
-Reduced the cost of Controlled Fire [National Wonder].
-Added Muiderslot Castle by Sargon.
-Added Mesa Verde by Sargon.
-Added Tumen Amugulang Palace by Sargon.
-Added Gobekli Tepe by Sargon.
-Added Laxminarayan Temple by Sargon.
-Added Changdeokgung by Sargon.
-Added Fine Stoneware Carvers, Red and Black Ware Painter, Jade Death Mask Carver by Sargon.
-Added Emu Egg Carver and Hawaiian Surfboard Carver by Sargon.
-Added Added Aesop's Fables by Sargon.
-Added the Gate of the Sun by Sargon.
-Added Environmental Achievement by Sargon.
-Added Safety, Medical and Tourist Achievements by Sargon.

-Added Log Roller System (National Wonder), Aerial Basket Ropeways (National Wonder) , Fertility Festival (National Wonder) ,Great Holmegraad Hunt (National Wonder)by Mr. Azure.

Prehistoric Wonders by Sargon
Added Blackwater Draw
Added Bluefish Caves
Added Catcus Hill
Added Charlie Lake Cave
Added Kilgii Gwaay
Added McCallum
Added Meadowcraft Rockshelter
Added Monte Verde
Added Puerta Furada
Added Richardson Island

I am also not sure where to down load the files form it seems they are running though some web page after another. Starting here on the bottom going tohere putting you trough to this page... And then finally up to here where the download is. would it not be more streamlines if it skipped some of these pages.

I downloaded and installed the v34 but I cant get the changes. is there a way to check somewhere what version I'm am using in game or in the files?

Do you use 7-zip to extract the files? Other extractors might not be able to properly.

Do you extract into a completely new folder and remove/rename the old Caveman2Cosmos mod folder? If not you might not overwrite, or keep files that are deleted in various mods and thus stay active even when overwriting.

The long path to downloading it is due to how Moddb works, as well as going via Civfanatics page to get a counter for amount of DL's. Not clicking the initial two pages doesn't give credit to C2C that it's been dowloaded, and Moddb don't allow direct links.

Cheers

would it not be more streamlines if it skipped some of these pages.

I will only address the d/l. No it would not be "advantageous" to C2C for that to happen, WE have to have accountability of how many are d/led otherwise the Admin's and others would not help us as much as they do.

Thanks, yea I use 7zip got no error or so from it. and I moved the old c2c files as a back up on the desktop. But still the game seems like v33 as far as I can tell, still no cactus hill prehistoric hill or a muiderslot wonder.

Regarding the dl, I understand but as a not so regular visitor of those pages I find my self mostly lost in where to go for the dl.:crazyeye: certainly the first couple of times.

Top Bottom