Vassals delcaring independence when they shouldn't

KaytieKat

Emperor
Hi

Okies here is what happening in my game right now. It seems EVERY time I get one civ to capitulate to me ANY civ who was a vassal to me before then suddenly breaks free even when they shouldn't.

The first time it happened it didnt bother me since THAT civ had offered to be my vassal centuries ago in game time. That civ actually road my coat tails pretty good and is now number 3 score wise so I could see why he would want to try and make it on his own at that point. A little dissapointing but ok.

BUT THEN I start a war with another civ they had 3 cites on my continent plus a couple of island cities scattered about. I figured it wopuld be a good chance to boot him off my continent real quick and then vasallize his islands. I stop his cites real quick and then get him to captitulate. Like before the INSTANT he accepts and capitulates the Civ who was my vassal befoe breaks free.

Only there is NO reason why or how that civ should break free. It had only been about 5 turns since he had captiulated and since he DID capitulate he was nowhere near meeting ANY of the requirements of when they can be free.

So I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue like the game seems to be allowing you ONLY one vassal and as soon as you get a new vassal the other you had breaks free even if they had capitualted and do not meet any of the requirements they need to break free?

I am using Burhics unofficial patch (1.07 or 08 or somewhere in there- not the latest one --could that be part of the problem?)

Kaytie

Hi

Okies here is what happening in my game right now. It seems EVERY time I get one civ to capitulate to me ANY civ who was a vassal to me before then suddenly breaks free even when they shouldn't.

The first time it happened it didnt bother me since THAT civ had offered to be my vassal centuries ago in game time. That civ actually road my coat tails pretty good and is now number 3 score wise so I could see why he would want to try and make it on his own at that point. A little dissapointing but ok.

BUT THEN I start a war with another civ they had 3 cites on my continent plus a couple of island cities scattered about. I figured it wopuld be a good chance to boot him off my continent real quick and then vasallize his islands. I stop his cites real quick and then get him to captitulate. Like before the INSTANT he accepts and capitulates the Civ who was my vassal befoe breaks free.

Only there is NO reason why or how that civ should break free. It had only been about 5 turns since he had captiulated and since he DID capitulate he was nowhere near meeting ANY of the requirements of when they can be free.

So I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue like the game seems to be allowing you ONLY one vassal and as soon as you get a new vassal the other you had breaks free even if they had capitualted and do not meet any of the requirements they need to break free?

I am using Burhics unofficial patch (1.07 or 08 or somewhere in there- not the latest one --could that be part of the problem?)

Kaytie

Well voluntary vassals have a chance to end the arrangement every 10 turns. It could be that they decided to do so right there and then. When you vassalize someone, you take a diplomatic hit with the rest of the civs in the world. This could have triggered your vassal leaving since they didn't like you enough anymore.

Now, if capitulated civs are breaking free, that's a bug. Doesn't sound like that's the case, though.

Please see this page ... somewhere at post #267. It is definitely a bug where a capitulated vassal breaks free when we capitulate another. Both are by war. In fact in post 267, you see it very clearly. We were at war with 2 civs, and capitulated them on the same turn. Both causes the current vassal to break free.

--

Top Bottom