Very little difference in America in 1733

McA123

Prince
In all of the games as America I've started since the latest version was released, there have been 3 cities (New York, which has always been there, St. John's and Fort Rupert, and neither of these 2 flip), aside from one time, where there was St. Augustine as well. There are never any French cities and the Aztecs are never dead. All the later start date is doing is making it even harder to play as America, since you have less time to develop and the Aztecs have more. I am completely in favour of bumping the start date back to 1605, it's not making any difference having it later.

Edit: Forgot to mention that St. John's was always there in 1605 and Fort Rupert was 4/5 times as well.

One needs to see the big picture. By messing with the America start date, you're also messing with the incentives for colonization. If America appears too soon, it becomes impossible to colonize North America. There are too few incentives to colonize North America as is.

I think this discussion needs to merge with discussions like getting the european AIs to colonize more aggressively (perhaps with UPs), and offering incentives for colonizing an area that will inevitably flip (perhaps through the Unique Victories).

I was playing as America earlier and France had cities there and after I had flipped New York and St Augustine they had more than England. By the time I had finished off the French they had expanded and built 5 more cities.

Attachments

• America.JPG
    America.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 225
When I played as America, North America was empty, but South America had a nearly contiguous line of Franco-Spanish cities from Guiana to Tierra del Fuego, and it was contiguous a little later. Perhaps the French, Spanish and English need more incentive to colonize America? Britain already had 2-3 cities in Australia, but they came to NA first

I have played multiple tests with America prior to 1.19.

I have seen an empty North America, I have seen the British control of New England, and in one case saw former British Baltimore as my American capital with New York, St John, Fort Rupert and Halifax all English. At the same time, France had settled New Orleans and Louisville.

That was a tough but fun game!

I am playing a game as the Aztec (too easy on Viceroy....but fun) It is 1739 and America did not spawn. I have had a caravel parked near the site of Washington since 1700 or so. England has New York, F. Rupert and St. John. My culture captured St Augustine (which I razed after enslaving the whoel population [evil laugh])

But no good ol' US of A.

America just spawned.....1742 (see above post)

Top Bottom