Victory Code Overhaul

Leoreth

Blue Period
Hey, in case you have been wondering where I have been the last weeks, this is what I have been working on. The previous implementation of UHV and URV goals had some fundamental issues, especially regarding scaling with game speed, and some other bugs. I decided to reimplement most of the framework again, taking into account what I have learned from these issues to avoid them on a systematic level, instead of trying to patch on more and more fixes.

This is the result of that. It is currently not merged into develop yet. Instead you can access it from the victory2 branch. Just use your git client of choice to fetch and then switch to the branch. The branch is otherwise identical to develop.

My intention is to not leave it on a separate branch for long, and merge it into develop as soon as possible. Before I can do that, I will focus next on addressing currently reported bugs. This will be followed by another minor version release, and then this branch is going to be merged afterwards. If anyone is interesting in giving it a try before that, feel free to check out the branch, but otherwise it will be available on develop before long.

For what it's worth, the Protestant URV still says "Constitution" instead of "Social Contract" in the text, the goal itself works fine, though.

Option to vassalize target areas of Japan's 2nd UHV seems to have been removed. I didn't find mention of it in Git update log, so is this intentional or oversight?

Oversight, thanks for pointing this out.

Top Bottom