• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Victory conditions question

Maxor127

Warlord
How do the AI civs handle victory conditions? Do they try to go for Cultural or Diplomatic, etc? If I choose Time/Conquest as the only victory conditions, do the AI-controlled civs know to be only militaristic or will they still try to go for other conditions?

And is it impossible to win with Conquest with other conditions selected? It seems to me that unless I raze cities as I capture them, I'd eventually win with one of the other conditions, especially Domination or Diplomatic (although I don't really understand how Diplomatic victory works), before I even have a chance to conquer everyone. I prefer conquering, so whenever I play, I turn off all conditions except Conquest and Time. I was wondering if that would cause the AI to super charge their military production and if they'd be more peaceful with other conditions selected?

I don't think AI would change playstyle to fit the victory conditions.

Btw you can win conquest without ending in domination first. The answer is early wars. Or you can always raze cities :p

How do the AI civs handle victory conditions? Do they try to go for Cultural or Diplomatic, etc? If I choose Time/Conquest as the only victory conditions, do the AI-controlled civs know to be only militaristic or will they still try to go for other conditions?

And is it impossible to win with Conquest with other conditions selected? It seems to me that unless I raze cities as I capture them, I'd eventually win with one of the other conditions, especially Domination or Diplomatic (although I don't really understand how Diplomatic victory works), before I even have a chance to conquer everyone. I prefer conquering, so whenever I play, I turn off all conditions except Conquest and Time. I was wondering if that would cause the AI to super charge their military production and if they'd be more peaceful with other conditions selected?

I also don't believe the AI will super-charge the military.

There are 3 subtypes of diplomatic. The cheesy AP diplo is one. Discussed in strategy forum at length. The second is the true UN diplomatic, which is difficult unless you're very good at diplomacy and figuring who your opponent will be. Third is UN "diplomation" where you vote yourself into the UN with help from vassals, usually. It's just a way to speed a conquest or domination victory.

It's not at all impossible to win conquest with other conditions. Vassalize your opponents one-by-one and you'll often win conquest.

AI doesn't change their play style according to disabled victory conditions or other custom options. They'll still build a ton of military units in Always Peace games for example. Of course, they only go into "scripted" victory modes if that victory is enabled - this mainly affects AI Culture wins.

vassalized AI counts as "destroyed enemy" for conquest victory?

Yes.

Cool... I really didn't know, cause in the victory conditions page vassalized AI still count in AI remaining under conquer condition... So if i want to conquer, i simply conquer or raze everything without mercy. Now I'll try to spare some little ants :p

Top Bottom