Victory screens

Slax

Prince
Very simple - no more all-text victory messages.

Each victory type must be accompanied by a nice victory screen. A cultural victory, for example, is currently a huge letdown.

Totally. After playing for 90 hours (how long my last game took) I want a decent screen! That's why I always go with spaceship. It's the only ending which makes you feel as if you've accomplished something.

I agree. Who wants a simple popup after all that work? I think they should have a short intensely satisfying movie for all victories except maybe histograph victory.

I would also like to see an option to turn down a victory condition as well... There's nothing more frustrating than building up your forces for a military victory, only to accidently win with culture! I realize that you can disable the various victory conditions right from the start, but when I start a game that may take me several weeks on end, I like to keep my options open.

Of course, if this were implemented, I should only be able to turn down a victory condition when I get it; if they beat me to it, than I lose. However, once I turn it down, it should be effectively disabled, so that no other civs can win with that particular condition.

Top Bottom