Village yields too low?

Zuizgond

King
I think villages are a bit too underwhelming especially in the mid and late game and wanted to know what the community thinks about them.

Village
+2 :c5gold: +1 :c5culture:
+1 :c5gold: with Guilds
+1 :c5culture: with Railroad

You usually build them on city connection, so +2 :c5gold: +2 :c5production: on railroad and an additional +2 :c5gold: +2 :c5production: in Industrial era if a TR passes over it.

So in Industrial era that's a total of :
+7 :c5gold: +2 :c5culture: +4 :c5production: (on railroad + city connection)
or +5 :c5gold: +2 :c5culture: +2 :c5production: with no TR (on railroad + city connection)

They are almost worthless if built outside of city connection. Considering they cannot be adjacent to each other you don't have a lot of them in your empire.

In my opinion the yields are a bit on the low side. My suggestion would be to add an additional +1 :c5culture: to the TR bonus when you discover Architecture (or maybe Radio but this would come a bit too late).

What do you think about it?

Well, which improvement do you consider to be a good metric for "good"?
Because damn, I often build Villages OUTSIDE of trade routes/city connections and they're still worth it. I'd rather have 2 gold 1 culture than 2 production (Mine) in most cases. Culture is arguably the strongest yield in the game.

Well, which improvement do you consider to be a good metric for "good"?
Because damn, I often build Villages OUTSIDE of trade routes/city connections and they're still worth it. I'd rather have 2 gold 1 culture than 2 production (Mine) in most cases. Culture is arguably the strongest yield in the game.
culture IS very strong. gold not so much, but the mine is 3-4 production by the time you can build villages, not 2. unless you're not counting forge?? though I don't know why you wouldn't

Top Bottom