Visualized Tech Trees For Builders (Images Attached)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by connorsmith236, Aug 10, 2012.

1. connorsmith236

connorsmith236 Chieftain

I thought it would be useful to me if I could have a better understanding of the tech tree through some visual representations of how each tech will benefit me, depending on my strategy.

So, I took screenshots of the tech tree and then edited them into one single blank tech tree. I then edited this picture into two different forms:

Spoiler :

1) Added colored boxes around each tech for each Great Person point/slot a building from that technology will give me.

Spoiler :

2) Added colored boxes around each tech for the added yield that a building from that technology will give me.

Spoiler :

For the GP tech tree, I added one box around each tech for each point/slot, and also if a building immediately provides a GP, I added another box for each immediate GP.

NOTE: There is a key for what the colors are representing in the top left corner (Ancient Era).

Edit: These tech trees assume you have all DLC and Gods and Kings

Attached Files:

2. salty mud

salty mud Deity

This could be useful, but are the pictures meant to be so small?

3. connorsmith236

connorsmith236 Chieftain

The actual size of the pictures are extremely large, they are just small when viewed in the browser. Right click on the pictures and then click "Save picture as.." and you can save the picture to your hard drive. This will allow you to zoom in and scroll around and look at the tech tree closer.

4. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I'm afraid not. Even when saved the image is much too small to make sense of.

5. connorsmith236

connorsmith236 Chieftain

You're right! Let me put the original files into a .zip and then attach them to the thread.

6. Ozymandias9891

Ozymandias9891 Warlord

Sounds like it could be helpful. Looking forward to analyzing it.

7. connorsmith236

connorsmith236 Chieftain

Okay - the .zip file has been attached to the first post. Let me know what you guys think, or if you spot any errors or have any suggestions for improvement.

8. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I'll give this a print and let you know. ;)