1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Voting open in the Civ5 Icon competition

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by ainwood, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

We have had 91 entries in the Civ5 icon art competition, and the voting for the best is now open. Given the large amount of entries, we've split this into 4 groups. People may vote for their favorite icon in each group, and after one week, the top 5 in each group will go through to a final.

So go and vote for the icon that you like best, and the winner will be adopted as the Civilization Fanatics Center Civ 5 "official" icon!

Group 1a
    Group 1b
    Group 1c
    Group 1d

2. bwcbwc

bwcbwc Chieftain

Lots of variations on the "Big V" theme, but none of the color schemes really appeal.

3. Eklabiaan

Eklabiaan Chieftain

I do hope that the final winner has enough distinction from the Civ IV icon ([civ4]).

4. Akkon888

Akkon888 한국 사람

It is quite funny that only ONE icon of the 91 actually has the number "5" in it.

While the V's kill each other, I think the 5 will win.

5. Tatran

Tatran Deity

Maybe CIV with the V coloured and blinking.

6. nazizombies

nazizombies Chieftain

Finished Voting

Most of the Icons i didn't like, though.

7. cephalo

cephalo Deity

That's the thing. Currently both Civ1 and Civ4 are using the letters CIV. Do we really want another one? Currently the leaders on all polls are using CIV.

8. bluebox

bluebox King

I'd like the icon to pick up the offical artwork. so I had a glimpse at the Civ5 website.

there is at least one good rendition of the "V" behind the "CIV". That's my favourite one. on #2 in the group poll, though.

9. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I was the first voter!:king:
    I know, childish.

10. spammikone

spammikone Warlord

These forums already have [civ1] for Civilization and [civ4] for Civilization 4. No matter how bold or different colour the "V" in "CIV" is, it's mediocre and does not distinguish itself from these two.

Without the game being released and no idea on the game's font styles, colour scheme and shortcut art, this contest is dumb and too early.

11. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Except of course for the www.civilization5.com website where the new name/logo of the game including the stylish V are announced.