VoxPopuli Modpacks (last update: 4.7.1)

Just tried starting a new game, saving it right away and tried loading it and same thing. Seems like I cant load any saved game with mods :(

Just tried starting a new game, saving it right away and tried loading it and same thing. Seems like I cant load any saved game with mods :(
Hi, I am not sure you are in the right place for this question :/

Agiwan, thanks a lot for effort to create this great VP repository!

I use your 3.10.14_VP-SSEM_EUI.zip.

It is so much fun, and works quite well in multiplayer (crash every 100 turns - delete cache can always fix).

Is 4.4.2 more or less stable than 3.10.14 for multiplayer? I would really love to try the new version!

Agiwan, thanks a lot for effort to create this great VP repository!

I use your 3.10.14_VP-SSEM_EUI.zip.

It is so much fun, and works quite well in multiplayer (crash every 100 turns - delete cache can always fix).

Is 4.4.2 more or less stable than 3.10.14 for multiplayer? I would really love to try the new version!
After our last games we encountered several bugs.

1. Cannot build caravans sometimes
2. Wierd 0 pressure from religion
3. Ancient ruins don't spawn
4. marsh tiles texture is tundra
5. Disappeared spies (was 3, after load 1 remained)
6. Not sure is it ok but my friends Russia civ that went progress has workers and civil units movement of 5 tiles

As good things
1. Refreshing balance
2. Resync button (I would consider auto creation of bugs here)
3. New espionage

If you want stable gameplay IMHO 3.10.14 is better right now, If you want something new and want to help development and bugfixing consider trying 4.4.2 and make issues on github :D

Looking at 6, there is one Natural Wonder which gives a special promotion to some units, including workers ; check if it could be that (it's a mountain, can't remember the name).

After our last games we encountered several bugs.

1. Cannot build caravans sometimes
2. Wierd 0 pressure from religion
3. Ancient ruins don't spawn
4. marsh tiles texture is tundra
5. Disappeared spies (was 3, after load 1 remained)
6. Not sure is it ok but my friends Russia civ that went progress has workers and civil units movement of 5 tiles

As good things
1. Refreshing balance
2. Resync button (I would consider auto creation of bugs here)
3. New espionage

If you want stable gameplay IMHO 3.10.14 is better right now, If you want something new and want to help development and bugfixing consider trying 4.4.2 and make issues on github :D
Point 3 & 4 are due to "Even More ressources" modmod (I am pretty sure) that isn't well compatible with 4.4.2. Personnaly I use the Resync button when non-host players start to have a lot of desyncs, I think it can help to prevent the crashes.

Wierd 0 pressure from religion
It seems to be a display problem (not MP related), but it goes back to normal when you end turn or trigger anything that recalculates it.

Maybe I am in the wrong thread to ask this, but is there a way for me to edit the modpack/ play with just the community patch for AI, so I can play online multiplayer with friends?

Last edited:
Maybe I am in the wrong thread to ask this, but is there a way for me to edit the modpack/ play with just the community patch for AI, so I can play online multiplayer with friends?
Hi you can test this modpack:
I have created the modpack and it seems to work fine.
Be aware that:
1: Community Patch only isn't well tested, even in sologames,
2: Community Patch only is not tested at all in multiplayer,
3: After the installation of a modpack every player must delete their "Cache" folder. You can find it there: Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5.

I hope it will be fun for you and your friends, please tell us if everything works well or not :)

Link of the modpack "3.10.14_CP_only": https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzQn8a9jaMzVxJgbxCJOO5lygAKkarMv/view?usp=sharing
Good luck !

Hello, I have updated the modpacks to VP 4.5. I can't test multiplayer stability as I have only my laptop for now. Unfortunately, the person who handled VP multiplayer stability last year is unavailable at the moment, so multiplayer stability may deteriorate from now on.

Hello, I have updated the modpacks to VP 4.5. I can't test multiplayer stability as I have only my laptop for now. Unfortunately, the person who handled VP multiplayer stability last year is unavailable at the moment, so multiplayer stability may deteriorate from now on.
Agiwan, do you know if any of the folks putting in the hard work for multiplayer stability have a Patreon, Paypal, or something?

Our group is on one of the older versions you put together but is a massive step up from the 2019 version we had been using. We love Civ5 VP and we almost exclusively just play games with 2 or 3 humans. Want to show some appreciation for the great work.

Agiwan, do you know if any of the folks putting in the hard work for multiplayer stability have a Patreon, Paypal, or something?

Our group is on one of the older versions you put together but is a massive step up from the 2019 version we had been using. We love Civ5 VP and we almost exclusively just play games with 2 or 3 humans. Want to show some appreciation for the great work.
Hi, donations are not allowed on this project if I remember well. @Recursive can you confirm please ?

Hi, new to Vox populi, and just got the 4.5 on and started a game. Idk if this is the right thread but am I supposed to start with only a settler? Ive tried it with only 4.5 so I assume Ive downloaded it wrong. Does anyone know where I should start?

Hi, new to Vox populi, and just got the 4.5 on and started a game. Idk if this is the right thread but am I supposed to start with only a settler? Ive tried it with only 4.5 so I assume Ive downloaded it wrong. Does anyone know where I should start?
Hi, how did you installed the mod ? Normally you should start with 1 settler, one warrior and one explorer.

Hey Agiwan. Kind of a ridiculous request so feel free to decline.

Any chance you can make a modpack with the most recent version with either the reseed or IGE mod included as well?

Ive attempted both. Ige crashes in multiplayer on turn 1 and reseed crashes in both single player and multiplayer but only when exiting to main menu.

Wondering if im doing something wrong.

I like to have a screen reveal mod included so that we can determine good initial start conditions.

Hi, donations are not allowed on this project if I remember well. @Recursive can you confirm please ?
@milkywayz We do not accept donations because fairly distributing them would be a nightmare (and also because of the potential legal issues).

Feel free to donate to a charity of your choice, though. :)

How to increase the limit amount of players to 20 in all maps?

I have tried to edit all "DefaultPlayers" in every xml files, but the result is the same.

I guess because this modpack is "compiled"?

Should I manually edit "Assets\DLC\ZMP_MODSPACK\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 121)\CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" ? I found the word "DefaultPlayers" appears in the dll.

How to increase the limit amount of players to 20 in all maps?

I have tried to edit all "DefaultPlayers" in every xml files, but the result is the same.

I guess because this modpack is "compiled"?

Should I manually edit "Assets\DLC\ZMP_MODSPACK\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 121)\CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" ? I found the word "DefaultPlayers" appears in the dll.
Hi look at post #74 of the thread, it should work.

Hey Agiwan. Kind of a ridiculous request so feel free to decline.

Any chance you can make a modpack with the most recent version with either the reseed or IGE mod included as well?

Ive attempted both. Ige crashes in multiplayer on turn 1 and reseed crashes in both single player and multiplayer but only when exiting to main menu.

Wondering if im doing something wrong.

I like to have a screen reveal mod included so that we can determine good initial start conditions.
Hey, Could you give me the links where I can download them please :)

Top Bottom