VP Congress 5: The Close Races

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
So as our voting week continues, we have several close races! Below is a list of all proposals whose top candidates are within 10 votes of each other (as of 7/31 10:00 AM Eastern Time) Several are some even within a few votes or are straight up tied!

Every vote counts, so make sure to cast yours if you haven't already.

Thanks for highlighting this, I read most but only vote on those where I have a strong opinion.
Ex I dont care about Shoshone, I dont play with ruins so I've disabled the civ.

Pretty surprised the god of war vote is going to be a photo finish. There have been repeated calls for a nerf to it, and the XP on kill proposal is a buff.

Don’t buff the thing you want to nerf, guys.

Pretty surprised the god of war vote is going to be a photo finish. There have been repeated calls for a nerf to it, and the XP on kill proposal is a buff.

Don’t buff the thing you want to nerf, guys.
Maybe those are different people.

>Don't buff the thing you want to nerf, guys.
>Maybe those are different people.

<<snip>>

Though I have just changed my vote because I am indeed very stupid, as Pdan identified.

Moderator Action: Please do not list or call out voters to criticize their vote choices, unless the person has brought their vote choice up first (in which case polite debate is okay). - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets not call out groups of people and how they are voting (no matter how innocuous the use is), that just seems like bad form to me.

I think a handful of people just vote for everything on a vote they are abstaining from because it lets them view the results automatically without having to press the button

Kinda messes with that minimum 25 vote approval for implementation, and inflates approval %s

I think a handful of people just vote for everything on a vote they are abstaining from because it lets them view the results automatically without having to press the button
People would be more likely to vote for something as a placeholder vote just to see the vote totals if the option was off. A vote once placed can't be undone. Technical limitation.

>people just vote for everything
Not true in this particular case but I won't labour the point because clearly I am already going to be sanctioned at the next congress :p

Kinda messes with that minimum 25 vote approval for implementation, and inflates approval %s
Actually no (not in my case), there is a minimum of 25 votes required because we want to be sure that enough people have actually given their opinion for the vote to be meaningful. So, by voting all choices, I'm just giving my opinion that I don't mind about the result, but at least you know that I don't mind.

EDIT : Example :
  • A vote with 5 "yes" and 3 "no" out of 8 votes, means that not enough people have given opinion, and that maybe a lot of people would have vote "no", or "yes" ; so the true will of the community is not clear.
  • A vote with 25 "yes" and 23 "no" out of 28 votes, means that indeed most people don't care about the result, so it is closer to the will of the community

Last edited:
That would be so stupid, because voting requires 2 clicks instead of 1 in case of viewing results.

Top Bottom