VP Congress Session 1: The Close Races

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
With a week left for the votes, lets see where our close races are at (as of Oct 24th). If you haven't looked at these proposals yet, you should absolutely do so, as every vote matters at the moment.

(03) Proposal: Make Nuclear Missiles Better​

This one has already swung back and forth a few times. Its within 10 at the moment.

(10) Make Paper Maker Make Paper Proposals​

Extremely tight (within like 4-5 votes), literally could go to any of the 3 proposals right now.

(25) Proposal: Cooperation buff​

Within 10 of each other, and not a whole lot of votes compared to other proposals, lots of potential for an upset here.

(32) Proposal: Add a free Warrior to Traditions Engineer Policy​

Within 11 at the moment.

(34) Proposal: Tweaks for wide gameplay on Brazil​

Within 12

If they have ten more to yes I think they should pass. Trying out is better than stagnating. If they will be unpopular or wrong we can vote them out in the next session, I think that's one of the reasons VP congress was made. 10 seems like a solid advantage anyway. I wouldn't call that close if they are only 60 or 70 votes cast in total. Even with 100 votes that's a convincing 10% point lead.

In case of Brazil changes, to my regret, it is ten votes for no advantage, currently 22.9% point lead to no, so they should not be passed. Same with free warrior for tradition (as of now).

Last edited:
If they have ten more to yes I think they should pass.
Currently if a proposal even has 1 more vote than any others, it will pass. On a straight completely even tie, Recursive breaks the tie.

Currently if a proposal even has 1 more vote than any others, it will pass. On a straight completely even tie, Recursive breaks the tie.
Sure, simple majority is okay. I just meant, there's enough community support for it to be accepted as a win if we have 10%. I think devs should reserve the right to choose if there's really tight voting and sensible arguments to both sides.

Sure, simple majority is okay. I just meant, there's enough community support for it to be accepted as a win if we have 10%. I think devs should reserve the right to choose if there's really tight voting and sensible arguments to both sides.
Are you suggesting that a change should be implemented even if only 10 (or 10% of?) voters support it?

Thanks for doing this! I checked out the ones among these I had passed over so far.

Perhaps we should have ranked voting, but requiring a supermajority to pass, but requires it being proposed by one of the three leaders of the world council, but only after Fertilizer is researched, to ensure the correct answer is picked and implemented.

Top Bottom