VVV Score Change

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While I was messing with the VVV Page, I thought I would implement a change to add some spice to the scoring. Making a change there has been discussed but never really settle on a method.

The method I choose to try is to multiple the medal values by the difficulty * 0.1. Basically, if a gold medal is worth 9 points then a Diety gold medal is 9 * 8 * 0.1 = 7.2.

See the attachment for the complete view of the points.

Let us know what you think.

Attachments

• VVV_Points.png
    VVV_Points.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 248
From reading this I'd have expected to drop in rank. However I'm still 6th place. And all before and after me seem to be the same people. Guess we all played around the similar amounts of settler games so nothing really changed :D

ColinTH is still so far away from the rest of the field - I'd have though he might have been thrown off the throne, but apparently it wasn't enough even though he has so many settler medals ;)

I guess I like the idea behind it. What I do not like is that a settler gold/silver/bronze medal is now worth a mere 0.9/0.3/0.1 points. Feels like being cheated. How about you just drop the 0.1 multiplier? So a deity medal is worth 72/24/8 points and a bronze medal 9/3/1. No decimals.

Also: I am disappoint that even the master of the HoF and deity himself Denniz is writing "diety" instead of "deity" :lol:

"Diety" is short for "Die, thank you!" On that level of Civilization you should be grateful for every AI you kill.

Indeed Feiling, much hasn't changed actually :)
But I like it.

But I have calced my score and end up with a totally difference score then stated in the VVV....
I should have 47.3 points and I have 123,2...

Good points made by FeiLing and Peets, the vvv table does not seem to be calculated correctly.

ColinTH was 896 and now should be 171.7.

vexing was 606 and now should be 223.7.

As far as I am concerned these changes would be very welcome, the reason being that Vexing is far more a flag bearer for the HOF site than the other guy who obviously doesn't know how to play the game at the top level!

EDIT - I was being sarcastic, and just wanted to see what sort of reactions it would receive!

Jeez, you guys really expect a lot. Spelling and Math. :gripe:

Apparenly those parentheses thingyies make a big difference. Who knew? :mischief:

You get a bit more change when you apply the factor to more than just the Bronze medals. (I am suprised you guys didn't figure that out, too. ;) )

Read'em and weep. :)

Edit: I chose the 0.1 factor to avoid having huge numbers. It is all relative anyway. Right?

Well "43.7" is larger (as in: takes away more space) than "437".

Both Vexing and ColingTH are at around 200 points now after a bazillion games played. Or 2000 points without the 0.1 factor.
I don't expect anyone reaching 1000/10000 points before civ6/7 arrive (GK HoF is starting at zero anyway, isn't it?) and even if it was 10000, that doesn't feel like a very big number to me. (When I think of Diablo3 for e.g. where you'd have over 100k dps (just a random note) and even in CiV the end game score usually is in the range of 1000-15000). It's not like "uh player A has 10046202 points and player B 1006422 points" where it becomes really hard to distinguish which number is actually higher at a first glance ;)

edit) poor Bahaus, dropped from 5th down to 9th place :o

We have all read the book Animal farm.

Vexing = Napoleon
ColinTH = Boxer

These changes will not have any effect on Boxer, he had allready taken himself to the knackers yard (I know that for a fact).

As far as I am concerned all these games are on the HOF site by design and as such present potential medal opportunities, if the Settler level has proven to be a popular opener for alot of people then so be it! We all (including Vexing) have the opportunity to compete for any of these medals.

Lets face it, with all the patches and especially the courthouse change, alot of the established scores (medals) cannot be challenged ever again! Almost every game that ColinTH has played does not fall into the afore mentioned category and therefore are potential gold medals for anyone who has the inclination to take them on. Who in their right mind would even bother to do so when 4 - 6 hours play could net you 1 point at best!

We have all read the book Animal farm.

Vexing = Napoleon
ColinTH = Boxer

These changes will not have any effect on Boxer, he had allready taken himself to the knackers yard (I know that for a fact).

As far as I am concerned all these games are on the HOF site by design and as such present potential medal opportunities, if the Settler level has proven to be a popular opener for alot of people then so be it! We all (including Vexing) have the opportunity to compete for any of these medals.

Lets face it, with all the patches and especially the courthouse change, alot of the established scores (medals) cannot be challenged ever again! Almost every game that ColinTH has played does not fall into the afore mentioned category and therefore are potential gold medals for anyone who has the inclination to take them on. Who in their right mind would even bother to do so when 4 - 6 hours play could net you 1 point at best!

Score games can still be challenged, the right thing is it worth?
Lower levels not so but higher levels, they are.
Still many easy ones to conquer.
But the lower ones are also still possible if you use the right setting and the right tactic.

Top Bottom