Wait a minute now!

DennisIran

Chieftain
The civ develompent crew said they used the Aramic language for the persian empire because of it being historically the court language of the persiam empire during Shah Dariush time.

Well then in that case they should change The Ottomans language to a mix between persian and arabic because they did not speak turkish in courty in that time in the ottoman empire.

And now lets jump to INDIA, where the official court language was PERSIAN for a long long looooong time!

So yeah im wondering really what the civ crew will answer this. :) And the persian empire has always spoken persian in the old Civ games why now suddenly changing it to Aramic.
'
I think they should changer the persians language to persian(farsi) in the next patch or change the ottoman and indias language because of the point i just made about them saying they used aramic for the persian empire because it was the court language when the court language in india and ottoman empire was persian and arabic!

Meh.

They probably just wanted to showcase another language? And/or kick another language?

Historical accuracy is not as important as fun factor. I can't really tell the difference anyway.

Meh.

They probably just wanted to showcase another language? And/or kick another language?

Historical accuracy is not as important as fun factor. I can't really tell the difference anyway.

But why showcase a language that is almost DEAD and not spoken anymore when they have used the persian language in civ 4 for the persians!

The India leader is Gandhi, who wouldn't have spoken Persian at all. Why would they have Gandhi speaking Persian? The language is supposedly based on what that person would have spoken.

So really outside of the Ottomans (I don't know what really would have been spoken there), the only problem I can tell is having Catherine speak Russian, as she would have spoken German or French first. But naturally people would be upset having the Russian leader not speak Russian, so it's easy to see why they chose to have her speak it.

The India leader is Gandhi, who wouldn't have spoken Persian at all. Why would they have Gandhi speaking Persian? The language is supposedly based on what that person would have spoken.

So really outside of the Ottomans (I don't know what really would have been spoken there), the only problem I can tell is having Catherine speak Russian, as she would have spoken German or French first. But naturally people would be upset having the Russian speaker not speak Russian, so it's easy to see why they chose to have her speak it.

yup your right about the indian part hadent checked the leader yet but if its ghandi that its correct. cause when the english men came they removied persian as the court language!

Boris im just trying to say im dissapointed that Darius dosent speak Persian. I was first like WOAH LOOK AT THE NEW LEADERS :O tallking there own language then i clicked on persia and was like wtf this sound like arabic(wasent arabic but still a semetic language wich is not anywere near close to the persian language) persian language is an indo-European Language

Top Bottom