• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Wal-Mart is sued over rude lyrics

Stapel said:
Are there laws on this? Must a CD have a label, if it contains swearwords? Or is it a private initiave by producers and retailers?

I think a government shouldn't make laws on labels on CDs that contain a few swear words.

Of course, there should be laws that prohibit retailers to lie. If you advertise with labels, then they must be correct. But, there seems to be room for mistakes, I think.

No, there is no law against not having a label (although if Senator PalpatineLeiberman had his way...). The suit is because Wal-Mart advertises themselves as not selling this type of material. It is a false advertising suit.

I hate frivilous law suits( which is why I'm mystified that I want to become a lawyer :hmm: ) Anyway, this is pure greed or stupidity, or both!

as far as I know, the recording artists industry voluntarily puts the explicit content label on the CDs.

Hitro said:
There's a point in life from which you degenerate back to your childhood maturity. You might not have reached it yet, but I did so years ago (in fact I'm now worse that I ever was) and TLC is probably no exception either. ;)
Yup. The true mark of the adult man is that he no longer worries about having to act mature.

Civrules said:
Yes, it's all about the money.

Some people abuse the freedoms they have... One little thing and BOOM! A lawsuit.
Very true. Some people prove themselves to be morally undeserving of the freedoms they are given.

Top Bottom