War-Mongering Madness

CD7

Chieftain
!) Like so many other things, I really hate the imbalance in this. AI's just declare war, left, right, and centre. They do it without warning, and without any real reason, and the game is fine with that. They're all happy families. But I declare war, and suddenly the whole world hates me.

2) It actually doesn't make a lot of sense. To make the game at least semi-interesting, I try to be friends for as long as possible, and I won't attack another civ unless provoked. But plenty attack me, so I roll them up.
Then some pissant little 2-city Civ denouces and insults me, (for being a warmonger) when logically they should be quaking in their boots and trying to make nice.

3) In recent game I wnet to war against somebody who had denounced me, and the tooltip said the WM penalty was "NONE." Yet immediately every other AI denounces me for being a warmonger.

4) Playing on continents, I have long since conquered my continent before meeting the others. Yet upon meeting they immediately denounce me as a warmonger. Based on what? My prior wars they shouldn't know about, against people they never met.

My relationship with my neighbour China is;

-628 We made a demand of them
-8 Different governments
+2 Friendly Meeting
-2 Moving forces near their cities
-18 We occupy one of their cities

Lucky I had that friendly meeting then

!) Like so many other things, I really hate the imbalance in this. AI's just declare war, left, right, and centre. They do it without warning, and without any real reason, and the game is fine with that. They're all happy families. But I declare war, and suddenly the whole world hates me.

2) It actually doesn't make a lot of sense. To make the game at least semi-interesting, I try to be friends for as long as possible, and I won't attack another civ unless provoked. But plenty attack me, so I roll them up.
Then some pissant little 2-city Civ denouces and insults me, (for being a warmonger) when logically they should be quaking in their boots and trying to make nice.

I have the same problem with the game I'm currently in. However I'm in Prince, and before when I played in Prince this doesn't happen. What difficulty level was your game?

My relationship with my neighbour China is;

-628 We made a demand of them
-8 Different governments
+2 Friendly Meeting
-2 Moving forces near their cities
-18 We occupy one of their cities

Lucky I had that friendly meeting then

I had a huge "we made a demand" penalty recently, in a game where everyone hated me and they were making demands of me. Despite accepting every demand, I racked up a -80 "we made a demand of them" diplo malus

I think there's some bug where if an AI makes a demand of you, that gets logged as you making a demand of them (not sure if this always happens, or just under certain conditions, etc.)

Top Bottom