war weariness mod

bladex

Emperor
how to deal with it? edit the Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\GlobalParameters

edit these lines and add 0 to them at the end like below.

<Row Name="WAR_WEARINESS_LOSS_OVER_REQ_AMENITIES_AT_WAR_CITY" Value="0" />

<Row Name="WAR_WEARINESS_LOSS_OVER_REQ_AMENITIES_FOUNDED_CITY" Value="0" />

<Row Name="WAR_WEARINESS_LOSS_OVER_REQ_AMENITIES_NONFOUNDED_CITY" Value="0" />

<Row Name="WAR_WEARINESS_PER_COMBAT_IN_ALLIED_LANDS" Value="0" />

<Row Name="WAR_WEARINESS_PER_COMBAT_IN_FOREIGN_LANDS" Value="0" />

<Row Name="WAR_WEARINESS_PER_UNIT_KILLED" Value="0" />

Good, thx.

Does that mitigate or annihilate the war weariness ?

Btw could you also please tell us how to do the same with warmonger penalties never ending ?
That's hilarious that it never fade away even after 1000 years.....devs must have been seriously drunk the day they set it like that or desperate to find a way to mitigate the human player actions.

Does that mitigate or annihilate the war weariness ?
yes it does i've played dozens of games with them settings at 0 declared war, had war declared lost units WW never appears.
Btw could you also please tell us how to do the same with warmonger penalties never ending ?
edit eras

look for these lines

<Row EraType="ERA_ANCIENT" Name="LOC_ERA_ANCIENT_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_ANCIENT_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="1" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="30" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGAncient" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGAncient" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_NONE"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_CLASSICAL" Name="LOC_ERA_CLASSICAL_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_CLASSICAL_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="2" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="60" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGClassical" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGClassical" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_LIGHT"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_MEDIEVAL" Name="LOC_ERA_MEDIEVAL_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_MEDIEVAL_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="3" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="120" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGMedieval" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGMedieval" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_MODERATE"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_RENAISSANCE" Name="LOC_ERA_RENAISSANCE_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_RENAISSANCE_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="4" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="240" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGRenaissance" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGRenaissance" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_HEAVY"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_INDUSTRIAL" Name="LOC_ERA_INDUSTRIAL_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_INDUSTRIAL_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="5" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="420" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGIndustrial" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGIndustrial" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_SEVERE"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_MODERN" Name="LOC_ERA_MODERN_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_MODERN_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="6" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="660" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGModern" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGModern" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_EGREGIOUS"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_ATOMIC" Name="LOC_ERA_ATOMIC_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_ATOMIC_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="7" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="960" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGAtomic" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGAtomic" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_EGREGIOUS"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_INFORMATION" Name="LOC_ERA_INFORMATION_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_INFORMATION_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="8" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="1320" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGInformation" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGInformation" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_EGREGIOUS"/>

where it says WarmongerPoints="0 make it zero like it says above. now delcare war whenever you want and receive NO penalties :p

yes it does i've played dozens of games with them settings at 0 declared war, had war declared lost units WW never appears.

edit eras

look for these lines

<Row EraType="ERA_ANCIENT" Name="LOC_ERA_ANCIENT_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_ANCIENT_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="1" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="30" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGAncient" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGAncient" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_NONE"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_CLASSICAL" Name="LOC_ERA_CLASSICAL_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_CLASSICAL_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="2" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="60" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGClassical" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGClassical" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_LIGHT"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_MEDIEVAL" Name="LOC_ERA_MEDIEVAL_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_MEDIEVAL_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="3" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="120" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGMedieval" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGMedieval" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_MODERATE"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_RENAISSANCE" Name="LOC_ERA_RENAISSANCE_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_RENAISSANCE_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="4" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="240" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGRenaissance" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGRenaissance" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_HEAVY"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_INDUSTRIAL" Name="LOC_ERA_INDUSTRIAL_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_INDUSTRIAL_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="5" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="420" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGIndustrial" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGIndustrial" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_SEVERE"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_MODERN" Name="LOC_ERA_MODERN_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_MODERN_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="6" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="660" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGModern" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGModern" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_EGREGIOUS"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_ATOMIC" Name="LOC_ERA_ATOMIC_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_ATOMIC_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="7" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="960" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGAtomic" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGAtomic" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_EGREGIOUS"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_INFORMATION" Name="LOC_ERA_INFORMATION_NAME" Description="LOC_ERA_INFORMATION_DESCRIPTION" ChronologyIndex="8" WarmongerPoints="0" GreatPersonBaseCost="1320" EraTechBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGInformation" EraCivicBackgroundTexture="TechTree_BGInformation" WarmongerLevelDescription="LOC_WARMONGER_LEVEL_EGREGIOUS"/>

where it says WarmongerPoints="0 make it zero like it says above. now delcare war whenever you want and receive NO penalties :p

You deserve credit man, thx a lot, much appreciated, great.

here's some other changes i made too if interested

edit unitoperations

<Row OperationType="UNITOPERATION_SPY_COUNTERSPY" VisibleInUI="true" HoldCycling="true" CategoryInUI="MOVE" Icon="ICON_UNITOPERATION_SPY_COUNTERSPY" Description="LOC_UNITOPERATION_SPY_COUNTERSPY_DESCRIPTION" InterfaceMode="INTERFACEMODE_SPY_CHOOSE_MISSION" Turns="50"/>

changes the counterspy turns to 50.

edit units

<Row UnitType="UNIT_MACHINE_GUN" BaseMoves="2" Cost="540" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_CONQUEST" BaseSightRange="2" ZoneOfControl="false" Domain="DOMAIN_LAND" FormationClass="FORMATION_CLASS_LAND_COMBAT" Name="LOC_UNIT_MACHINE_GUN_NAME" Description="LOC_UNIT_MACHINE_GUN_DESCRIPTION" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" PromotionClass="PROMOTION_CLASS_RANGED" Maintenance="6" Combat="65" RangedCombat="75" Range="2"

changes machine gun range to 2.

That perfectly makes sense, cannons once upgraded become weaker, with such a mod they won't be weaker anymore!

Is there perhaps a way to force submarines animation to use torps or missiles ? F.i. Subs have to use missiles and not torp when firing to land units, thx

sorry i only know how to edit XML stuff. to change that would have to change the animations and models themselves which i think can't be done without the SDK. subs firing on land units that's dumb anyway :lol:

That perfectly makes sense, cannons once upgraded become weaker, with such a mod they won't be weaker anymore!
They don't become weaker because the Machine Gun does more damage, but it's true that the 1 Range is annoying as hell and I tend to delay upgrading all my Cannons. Still, anything that adds to the difficulty is not all bad.

I don't mean to come across as toxic, but if you want to cheat why not go all the way? Maybe start each game with 10 Settlers, 1 million gold, and a few nukes for good measure?

Its a strategy game, if you can't cope with one mechanic maybe you should adapt your strategy and learn how to deal with it rather than just trying to delete it.

I don't mean to come across as toxic, but if you want to cheat why not go all the way? Maybe start each game with 10 Settlers, 1 million gold, and a few nukes for good measure?

Its a strategy game, if you can't cope with one mechanic maybe you should adapt your strategy and learn how to deal with it rather than just trying to delete it.
Or perhaps they don't like this strategy game, but they like some aspects of it and want to play a related strategy game. (which they just made)
(Just because you are laying a game you 'made' yourself*, does not mean you are cheating)
*in this case they only made ~0.001% of the game, but they are not playing Civ6, just a very closely related game

I don't mean to come across as toxic, but if you want to cheat why not go all the way?
it's called MODDING. WW is stupid and annoying i'll declare war whenever i want and you will just sit there in my cities and like it peasants! :lol:

Last edited:

I don't think that you could call a cheat the mod you're describing as long as every player have the same start. I may call it a strange idea for a scenario, but only would suggest to reduce a bit the starting gold, set your game it in information era and you have a better nuclear war scenario start than the official...

You could argue that in the case of war weariness the mechanism is here to help the poor AI, right, but then let's talk of all the features of the vanilla game that are also cheats because the AI is incapable of using them (like air or sea units), in fact we should just remove war from the game, ATM declaring war to an AI player is the ultimate cheat.

Top Bottom