War (what isn't it good for) - Military op's center

Given that we are on an island do we need more military that just to deal with our white coated sparring partners? we should get some early warning as it would be unusual to explore with a loaded galley (and how many will have map making by now)

If we start building our military now, it will be much easier than having to scramble to defend ourselves if attacked.

We need to designate a few cities that just build units. Non-stop. From here to civ eternity.

My (limited) experience with playing humans is that being a bit light on military is a gamble, and more so than vs AI. What we do not want is anybody settling on our island so we have to be ready to (when the time comes) kick 'em out if neccesary.

So if someone where to land a settler, or other, on our isle we should find out their intentions and then, after thoughtful consideration, eviscerate them. :p

At this point having a reaction crew about to take care of the landing of a warrior would be good because I think the only use we'll get in the mid term is spanking barbs.

Our level of risk would be better understood if we could circumnavigate our enchanted island w/ a curragh.

Our level of risk would be better understood if we could circumnavigate our enchanted island w/ a curragh.

Patience grasshopper - first we need to work out how to use this round golden thing with spiky bits :king: then we can learn how to walk on water using some bits of trees. In the mean time we need to train people to use pointy things because eventually we will get better pointy things to give them.

Patience grasshopper - first we need to work out how to use this round golden thing with spiky bits :king: then we can learn how to walk on water using some bits of trees. In the mean time we need to train people to use pointy things because eventually we will get better pointy things to give them.

I don't mean to harp but I think the 16 shields spent on a curragh to give us data that we can use immediately in our decision making process far outweighs the near term utility of an archer.

I'm thinking he means a spearman, archers don't really get many more "better pointy things" then just longbowman.

-Nate

Top Bottom