WARHAMMER - a new standard map from Scytale

Hi!
Version 1.03 of this map is now available! You can download it from the first post. Albion, the Orcs and Goblins, the Chaos and the Chaos Dwarves and Westerland are fully ready. Enjoy the Old World :) !

Stormrage said:
Um, why didn`t you include Lahmia?

Because of the size of the map I didn't have a place for Lahmia as they should start very close to the khemri. If I'd have placed them that area of the map would have been very crowded.
After I'm finished with this map I plan to do a large one of the whole WH world. There will be Lahmia there for sure :) .

Stormrage said:
Um, Couronne is right next to Marienburg which is right next to Altdorf... But its OK, I was just curious.

How big will the world map be? My system is already slow on this one :(

That's another thing. Bretonnia has space for expansion in the south, Reikland too and Westerland is supposed to be smaller (at least in my mind :) ). I wanted Khemri to be big on this map and so I gave them more space.
The next map will be 150x150. This is 100x100.

OK, I`m playing with Gorbad and the Boyz, and so far it loads of fun! Nice job!

I had to restart a couple of times tho, cos I wasn`t happy with my city placement :)

I`m trying to re-act the conquests of Grimgor Ironhide (the pretty boy in my avatar).
I "united" the greenskin tribes (read kicked goblin butt) and am on my way north, to "liberate" some more greenskin buddies from the clutches of Chaos Dwarves, then I`ll give Karaz-Ankor (and some imaginary skaven) a good spanking :D I`ll pillage some through Kislev, and finaly have a clash with Chaos, I`ll forfeit to stay true to the story (heck, I might even loose for real! :crazyeye:), and then go back, and attack the Border Princess - there are a couple of tilean and reikland colonies (cities, not civ colonies) where the BP are supposed to be.

Really a good job on the ork section, lotsa pollution, marshes, jungles, deserts, and mountains. A real Bad Land! :) :goodjob:

I'm glad you like it Stormy! The orc part was hard work and i'm happy it turned out ok. But tell me how are the khemri going, you should have common borders by now. And the goblins, did they fight well before falling to your mighty forces :) ?

Khemri are doing very well for themselves, next time I play with Orks, I`ll go south ;) Goblins put out some resistance, even catched one of my cities (placed way up north, where all the pollution and the badland resource tiles are, you know, next to that volcano.) But my fierce workers (!!!) managed to put up a good fight (there was 8 of them) till my wolf riders came, and took it on from there. It was a bit tight there, Dork was more advanced, he already had vargs, and I just reached second age. But I had a stack of doom with about 4 boar chariots and about 20 ork swordsmen, so he didn`t have much of a chance. Also, one thing that might`ve helped was that I had a mutual protection pact with Reikland (yeah, I know, ridicolous ;)), so they managed to take one goblin city too. Maybe all the fighting was up there, so I took a stroll right up to Gunbad`s gates :)

:lol: :lol: Stormy let me start by saying that I'm honored that you quote me in your sig! I was really surprised when I saw that and by surprised I mean explosive laughter.
Now I'm relieved that the goblins fought well...I thought I was a little harsh on them (poor babies :lol:) with the resources and the starting location.

No, I think Orks got it worse. The Badlands, Araby and the Land of the dead are all made in a great fashion :) Very accurate, as far as I can tell.

Any chance you`ll make a map of just the Old world? Everyone makes a map of Old world and it has the new world in it :crazyeye: You know, no "America". Maybe even no Ulthuan.. It would also make it easier to have a map with the new Skaven and Beastmen civs, you`d have more room :)

One very strange thing. Every time I see a sweet spot to place a city but it takes a little extra effort, you know, the one that AI usualy takes under your nose (and never, ever build it where you thought it should be, so you can just take it later, nooo, it has to cripple its city radious or something, just to get there first), it ends up to be Mordheim... Every fuggin time! Not just on your maps, oooh, no! How many times have I cursed that city, and it just keeps comin`! I played Brettonia, whop, there it is! I played Khemri, whop, there it is. I played Orks.. and there it is again! MORDHEIM! I hate you...

And the honor is all mine, its nice to have a funny thing in a sig for a change ;)

Yes I know!! I have the same problem only that mine is called Numas - it's a Khemri city. I played 5 games on a random map with a random civ on Monarch and each time when the world seemed all mine they would show up and take almost all my spots :mad: ! And if by some chance I get there first they come and build a city right next to mine and spoil all the fun...and then I restart thinking that I won't bump into the Khemri again but there they are again!! That is one of the reasons I said that thing about the AI beeing an annoying bastard :lol:.

You think that the orks start in a bad position? I had no ideea where to place them until I saw ED's map and I placed them in a similar position.
I'll think about doing that map. But I have to finish this one first:) .

Ork position is bad, but in a good way :D It is the Bad Lands! Everything is great in that part of the world.

One thing tho, I don`t know much about the Wood elves, but they seem to be pretty strong, and expanding... if you wanted to keep Westerland small, I`d suggest you do the same with Athel Loren, that way Bretonnia could get a bit bigger too.

Westerland is supposed to be small on the mainland so that they can build ships and start colonizing - that objective is achieved (in almost every game I played they do just that). The Wood elves are another problem I am working on. It's exactly as you said - they expand too much. But unless Bretonia moves fast and occupies all the positions on the coast there is little I can do. I have played a test game as Bretonnia and managed to get big before Loren and they were stuck in their forest - so it is possible if you move fast enough to unify all of Bretonia. Of course if that doesn't happen there can always be a war :evil: .

Oh yeah, I did it like that too, but what I`m saying is that the map uses certain geographical limitations to make certain countries look like they are supposed to, so I was wondering if there was a way to stop Athel Loren from expanding without the human player. I`m currently playing with Chaos (I`ve put Grimgor on hold for a while), and I love how you cutt me off so that when I actually come trough the mountains everyone is in for a big surprise! Also, I don`t see them yet on the map, but from Wonder building reports Westerland is doing really well!

Ekhekhekhem... Marienburg has the Standing Stones, The Great Forge, Lighthouse of Manaan, The Suiddock, The Witch Hunt, and 68 shields per turn!!!! ...... Its doing too well!

Also, I was thinking... mebbe you should put a hole in those mountains preventing me to go down to Kislev..

Stormrage said:
Ekhekhekhem... Marienburg has the Standing Stones, The Great Forge, Lighthouse of Manaan, The Suiddock, The Witch Hunt, and 68 shields per turn!!!! ...... Its doing too well!

Also, I was thinking... mebbe you should put a hole in those mountains preventing me to go down to Kislev..

I know, I noticed yesterday and got really angry. I took care of the problem.
About the hole thing - there already is one only it's not a hill pass it's a mountain pass. There are mountain passes just above Troll Country.

Tried out Reikland, I am doing pretty well, I invaded Westerland, and failed, the defenders of Marienburg kicked my butt.. I retreated, upgraded to Greatswords, and took it in one violent turn! :evil: Again, the bastard had 5 GWs... Now they`re mine :dance: But I`ll abandon that game and start again with Reikland on the updated map, cos now it just feels like cheating. Or playing on Chieftian :D

Mountain passes require roads to be built, right? So its like 24 turns of a worker`s lifetime spent on preparing the invasion.. I might as well attack Norsca, my only victim so far...

That little barb ork horde was heavily raiding my southernmost city... took all of my gold, and disrupted the creation of some useful defenses 3 or 4 times... Yes, it was Mordheim. MORDHEIM! I hate you...

Great map.:goodjob:

I was looking at it in the editor and noticed that all the good huts and ruins where in very interesting places. So I replaced them with towns and got pretty acturate map of the WH world.

Did you do that on purpose?

Top Bottom