1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer fantasy units/graphics preview/development thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by aaglo, Jan 24, 2005.

1. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

A bit of updated priestess. I think I won't give her any feather-cloak, but a loin cloth could work well there :)

2. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Sorry to be a bother, but can you release both?

3. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

I'm not sure if I follow? I haven't done anything yet, so there's nothing to release yet. And what do you find so different in this and the earlier preview, that you would think that I would spend extra time to produce both?

4. odintheking

Well, just a tiny thought. You're right, there isn't much difference, but the new one looks more like a human, the old one more like a demonic humanoid. I'm not telling you you have to do it, I'm just saying it would be kind of convinient. For us, not for you, :lol:. If you don't want to, that's fine.

5. drzoidberg

drzoidberg Prince

yeah, you mean that aaglos gotta do both or we won't pay.

6. odintheking

@drzoidberg-:confused:
    @aaglo- just forget I said anything.

7. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Right. :)
    I hope you don't mind me breaking up the fine delicate atmosphere here... ;) :p

Here's a preview of the wood-elf waywatcher. At first I thought of giving him a semi-transparent cloak (like the cloak on kinboat's warden-unit). And I tried it, but I don't think that it looked very good :lol: (I think I should try to make a default.flc first, and try it out in flicster). Besides, they should be cloaked only in forests, but that really can't be done in civ3-engine.
    So, I decided to give him a regular dark-greenish cloak.

Enough with my excuses, here's the preview. Constructive suggestions are welcomed :p .

8. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

So far so good. Although meant for War Hammer, he could replace something in the Mystara mod as well.

I tried to find somethig to improve on, but I guess I'm not picky enough. It looks good to me. I'll leave it up to the pickier folks around here.

9. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

Thank you.

Darn, I can't find anything to be picky about either. :blush:

:D

10. egroen

egroen Her Grace

Call the doctors! :lol:

11. Scytale

Scytale Shaping the Old World

Hello. I just want to say that I like this unit so much that at first I couldn't find any sugestion for you...it seemed perfect. But as I kept stareing at it :lol: I found that maybe I can offer something.
    So maybe it should have an elven blade for close combat (when it comes to it).
    Also I noticed all waywatchers have their face concealed by some green scarfs - preventing the coluor of their face to betray them to the enemy, so maybe you could add that too.
    These are just my thoughts. Hope I've helped.

12. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

he has a gloden scarf on his face - but you may be right, I propably should change that because it's quite close to the skin colour (atleast when compared to green).

13. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

14. Scytale

Well, my eyes aren't what they used to :lol: ...I was sure that was his face.
    I also thought he might use some shoulder leather armour...similar to a pauldron but made from leather.

15. drzoidberg

drzoidberg Prince

I thought all elves where blond? Aren't elves suposed to be very slender. That looks more buff than Legolas ever was. Other than that it looks great. Feels strange coming with critique to someone with as high class in his work as you Aaglo.

16. Scytale

That's not his hair, it's a hood. And not all the elves are blond. I remember Elrond and Arwen had black hair.

17. drzoidberg

drzoidberg Prince

I see now that it's a hood. But isn't the colouring of it a bit strange, I mean it doesn't really look as the same colour as the cloak.

18. Scytale

If you watch closely you'll notice that the hood is in fact the same colour as the cloak(brownish with shades of green). It took me a while :).

19. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

the hood is the same colour as the cloak, but the "bump-scale" of the texture was very much different from the cloak, I'll fix that.

20. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Hi there -
    mrtn requested for something like this. :D
    can you guess what it is?