Warhammer fantasy units/graphics preview/development thread

aaglo said:
Orc/ork settla. I thought of not to give them any weapons, since I don't like very much of the idea of settlers being able to defend themselves. And the AI might be dumb enought to build them to defend their cities.

I like it that he looks a bit old and gaunt. It makes sense since the strong and healthy are warriors. Very nice.

Personally, I think he should have a back pack. And a Slugga. To defend themselves. The Ai won;t use it to defend cities because it won't have the Defense flag, only the settle flag.

Goldflash said:
Personally, I think he should have a back pack. And a Slugga. To defend themselves. The Ai won;t use it to defend cities because it won't have the Defense flag, only the settle flag.
If it have defense value more than 0 it will be used to defend the cities; we've had problems with that in LOTM.

Are you accounting for the fact that the AI often builds more settlers than it needs and keeps them in cities at times of war?

It doesn't build extras that wait in the cities, instead, a lot of the time when you move units close to their cities all the workers retreat to cities. It's a side effect to having workers that can defend, that you suddenly have to mow through workers to take a city. The AI isn't doing it intentionally. At least in the Mystara beta it's that way. They are trying to hide, the AI still relies on defense flagged units to defend cities.

About the workers retreating - I think that the AI retreats the workers to cities regardless of their defensive strength.

No worries - I've given him a backbag, and I'm also going to make an atack animation (with both using his stick and a slugga - not in the same animation though! :) )

EDIT: Here's a pic of the Ork settla, defending his rights to be in the territory (we need an ork smiley :hammer: )

The AI sees it as paramount to not leave it's cities' empty. If they keep a settler with defense in there it's not empty. Just as they defend with warriors until they get spearmen.

aaglo said:
...(we need an ork smiley :hammer: )

Here's something requested by drift. A new ghost for Master of Myrror -mod (to replace the palette-edited princess-ghost). Incidentally, I decided to use the same palette :).

Whaddayathink?

well... something eerie... If you've seen the attack animation of the liche priest I've done earlier... well, something similar. But instead of a skull, You'll propably see an open hand, which closes around the enemy. If I can make it.. :)

Lookin' great, absolutely no complaints from me. :)

Mr. Do said:
Yes, now they look more like my arms! Which is suitable for a girl, sadly :D

HIP HIP, HORRAY! LONG LIVE CIVVERS!

We might not be able to beat you in an arm wrestling match, but we can Stack of Doom you to death!

Top Bottom