1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer fantasy units/graphics preview/development thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by aaglo, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Kinboat

Kinboat Conan the Librarian

Ah... I figured that comment was refering to something like that :D Well goodluck in yours Aaglo.

2. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

[party] Thank you [party]

3. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Yes salutations aaglo, :D ... friend to all the mods ...

all the best you prodigious unit cranking machine ... enjoy the day/night/week :beer:

4. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Oh! Happy Birthday! Tra La La! Yaaa!

5. Steel General

Steel General Master of Temporal Fugue

:bday: Aaglo, and thank you for all your fantastic contributions.

6. kairob

kairob Biohazard

First i want to congratulate you on the mod and second i have a few suggestionas for the next version (i think that there all posible).

Firstly i would like to suggest you make a version with a map.

secondly is it posible to have a hidden resauce, like on rhye's that only lizardmen use, from one of there tech's and put it in the jungle (on a world map if you're doing one) or say it only goes on jungle and give it a realy high aperence ratio. you could do the same for orcs, goblins, dwarves, chaos dwarves and ogres (if there out in the next version) but on mountains.

thirdly i would like to suggest two slann teams as one controling lustria and southlands would be too much, because they didn't all agree allk the time anyway and because they use different armies. If you do this they should be in a locked aliance.

Also lizzies should not have reduced plague affects, they often sufferd terrific deseaced from the hands of the skaven.

lastly, i'm shure it was suggested before and don't apologise in advance if i cover old ground, but couldent you have two stages for khemri one before they all died and one after.

now i opologise if some of my suggestions have already been said but the are three warhammer threads and i could not go through them all, but i wend through the last few posts on this and the dowload thread and couldent find them.

7. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Uhhhhhhhhh. Aaglo didn't make the mod. Only Units.

8. kairob

kairob Biohazard

i knew that :rolleyes:
    it's just i'm shure that i read someware that someone was doing a version three so this is aimed at them?
    i think
    sorry

9. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Then post in that thread. Not this one.

10. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

@kairob, first of all welcome to CFC [party] ... secondly forgive the rudeness of some members who have not learned or chosen to forget manners :mad: ... here is the link for the discussion of the WH update

11. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

Welcome to CFC kairob!

@Goldflash: Make yourself useful and give him a link to the proper thread, instead of whining about a misplaced post. Teach the new guys or they'll stop coming here, and this forum will eventually die out.

12. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Bump!
    And a preview: Amazon serpent priestess. I'm thinking about giving her also a sword - and propably different attacks (magical and sword-hit). Also I could thinkg of some sort of cape/cloak, but that's still undecided.

Suggestions are welcome :)

13. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

I like the staff and feathered head dress ... nice touch to make the tips civ coloured :thumbsup:

14. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Hey, that looks cool! That can be the Yuuzhan Vong king unit in the Star Wars mod.

15. Kinboat

Kinboat Conan the Librarian

How about a long feather cape... That would be cool (I did one for one of my native american units... I'd help you out but it wouldn't transfer to povray... so I'll just make suggestions that make your work harder :mischief: )

16. Antiochus VII

Antiochus VII Basileus

I think the feathered cape would be a great look for the priestess!

One thing, the skin color is super dark compared to the other Amazon units available (..unless you're planning a whole line of Amazons I haven't heard about :drool: and in this case DISREGARD this suggestion :lol: ) and a lighter shade might fit in a little better with the other units.

17. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Well, if you follow Antuochus' idea, can you still release this one? Pretty please?

18. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

The bodyshape doesn't look very female; too broad shoulders, too slim hips.

On the other hand I feel that the whole Amazon civ idea is quite silly, so only take this as "oh, he asked, didn't he" advise, not as any form of request. ;)

19. drzoidberg

drzoidberg Prince

ok, I'll request BIGGER TITS then. Granted she's a bit boyish in the body. But I think it'll look great in game none the less.

20. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

But she's not a candidate for miss Sweden contest. She's a battle-hardened amazon ;) :p

So, her looks can be blamed on:
    - her diet
    - her tendency to excercise a lot
    - pov-ray ;)