Warlord maps (Clean)

I think you'd have to get ahold of Sto or someone from the map script area.?:(
Only other way to do it, as far as i know is have starting pts and randomized civs is all.

Thx for the compliments and Welcome to CFC.

k thanks anyway man, but none of you guys have that problem?? last exsample go to single player custom scenario load that map, if you play with 7 civs you will always no matter what, start at south america. I tried changing the vic conditions, rules etc, none of those change it, it only depends on the number of civs that determine your starting point. anyway thanks for the reply man I'll ask someone else then.

k thanks anyway man, but none of you guys have that problem?? last exsample go to single player custom scenario load that map, if you play with 7 civs you will always no matter what, start at south america. I tried changing the vic conditions, rules etc, none of those change it, it only depends on the number of civs that determine your starting point. anyway thanks for the reply man I'll ask someone else then.

I believe all maps do the same thing you said above.:crazyeye:

I believe all maps do the same thing you said above.:crazyeye:

lol.... well maybe if you took away some starting points maybe that might shuffle it around a bit, could you change that map to mkae it that only a max of 10 civs could play on it or i mean make only 10 starting points? if not that could you perhaps make everyone have ramdom starting points like taking them out all together?

tks man

I've taken a look at the map . As the starting location are not specified , i think that civ4 place all civs with the standart assignStartingPlot() ( but i'm not sure ) . In this case try to change your difficulty level , just as a test , you should change placement order with AI_player .

I can think about only two solutions to make what you want :

- Try SmartMap , i think there is a scenario launcher in , that can prevent that , but i've never test it .

- You can also make a little MOD with this scenario , taking an example on what i've done with this map . You need to do 2 things , specify all starting locations in CvEventManager.py and place all civs on the map to prevent them from meeting each other before the beginning of the game . Do not hesitate to pm me if you begin to do this .

TCho !

nice call sto changing the difficulty DOES in fact change the start placement, then that means that there is no start points at all in this game... how do I add start points to a map?? beacuse I like playing always as a noble lol.

I got it to work!! :thumbsup:

Learned a few editing skills along the way too :crazyeye:

anyway thanks all for your help and direction I can edit this anyway I want now.

No not this time. The standard Roman Empire map would be fine. Total Realism has some really great ancient units so I would want to include the Egyptians, Carths, Persians etc.

I'm currently working on a mod/scenario using my earth final version map. I would like people be able to choose their leaders. Like China is always Qin, but some people might want to try Mao. I want to keep the start points the way they are but would a cleaned map help with being able to play a civ with option of choosing a leader from the start screen?

I'm currently working on a mod/scenario using my earth final version map. I would like people be able to choose their leaders. Like China is always Qin, but some people might want to try Mao. I want to keep the start points the way they are but would a cleaned map help with being able to play a civ with option of choosing a leader from the start screen?

You betcha, (see attached) , and if you want starting points (set) you can do that also, but once you set the points team 1 (0) is where you will start all the time.

To me i like a clean map, then change the starting points around every so often.

Of course you could get someone in python to do certain things the way you like it also.

AWSOME! Could you clean this my map for me plz. I'll mention your name when i do the final credits:goodjob:

Is there a way to set which civs start on which spot? For example I want china in spot 2 but able to select Mao or Qin, not any other civ leaders. England in spot 13 being able to choose Elizabeth, Victoria or Churchill etc..................

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4491

thanks again.

Is there a way to set which civs start on which spot?

YES

For example I want china in spot 2 but able to select Mao or Qin, not any other civ leaders. England in spot 13 being able to choose Elizabeth, Victoria or Churchill etc..................

NO, this will have to be done with either a map script(i think) or python(i believe).:crazyeye:
You can only pick one leader per civ when you have starting points.:blush:

Anyways i have a cleaned copy here(back at post # 214.):goodjob:
If this doesnt help, sorry.:blush:

Well the map i was hoping to have clean was the one posted in #230, if you can't do it i'll use yours and just remap it all over again.

Well the map i was hoping to have clean was the one posted in #230, if you can't do it i'll use yours and just remap it all over again.

I thought it was the same thing, but in any case, here is YOUR map cleaned, no cities, no units, no leaders, no civs, no nothing but a map.:p

YES

NO, this will have to be done with either a map script(i think) or python(i believe).:crazyeye:
You can only pick one leader per civ when you have starting points.:blush:

------------------------------------
The map I have I added starting points to it and we are all able to still choose what leader we want. all you gota do is put in the x,y starting points into the script without adding any leader and you can choose the one you want. for instance team 0 which is player 1 in the script I put in my x, y starting point and saved it, then loaded it up and was able to choose any civ and leader and start where I wanted. you can do this with all the other AI too. to find your x and y in civ iv or warlords download and use map view.

hey if i wanted to make a premade map larger. I not only have to edit map info but manually add in all the plots right? All this is in notepad.

Adding each plot at a time would take a long time. Is is possible to make a map larger by just using notepad?

alright thanks...

hey if i wanted to make a premade map larger. I not only have to edit map info but manually add in all the plots right? All this is in notepad.

Adding each plot at a time would take a long time. Is is possible to make a map larger by just using notepad?

alright thanks...

I think your answer is someplace in this thread? dont know for sure!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=135669

Top Bottom