Warmongering against City-States

LukaSlovenia29

Emperor
Hi!

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I've noticed that despite declaring war against several city states, I haven't suffered any negative consequences in the form of lower influence or even lower influence starting point. I was able, in several games, to conquer 5-6 city states without being really penalized vis-a-vis other city states.

Regardless if it's a bug or not, I'd like to discuss how should, in your opinion, the human/AI player that declares war against city states several times (either against the same CS or different CS) be penalized? What should be the penalty for declaring war on a CS for the first time? Second time? Etc.?

Thanks for your replies.

I thought once upon a time that CS DID punish you with lower influence levels for bugging them too often. Has this been removed?

You do get a lower starting point penalty if you declare war often, at least with the same few city-states. I do if I keep capturing their workers. Sometimes already on the second time I do that.

I haven't gone in a conquering spree on city-states for a while, so I can't say if that makes any difference.

Top Bottom