1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Warmongering Guide

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Halcyan2, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Chieftain

That is correct. Right now the game simply calculates score based on in-game assets. It does NOT adjust anything based on difficulty level and it does NOT give you a bonus based on how many turns are left in the game.

2. jprc

jprc My dog is smarter than me

Excellent advises ! Thank you...

But now, I have to find where is located the data indicating my warmongering value. Where is it in the UI ? ....

3. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

It varies from one AI to the next depending on when you meet them, you will find it in the diplomacy screen when you select Our Relationship it will be a negative modifier there

jprc likes this.
  4. Jarms48

Jarms48 Chieftain

I'll probably be doing this from now on, especially in those games where I just want to have a relaxing game of "Simcity". Go on a defensive war, steal the city bordering my own, steal a few tiles and then give the city back when peace is declared.

5. yanner39

yanner39 Chieftain

Great guide. Recently I won my very first game on Diety level. I've never won on diety level in Civ 4 of Civ 5.

One aspect I find important is to take advantage of support units such as Medics and Air balloons (+1 range on artillery for example, puts them out of city bombard reach).

One question I did have was how to properly set up my cities for warmongering. Due to low production, my build times were long. any tips to help with this? With nerf of factories, what are people doing?

6. Jarms48

Jarms48 Chieftain

Making natural production cities (lots of hills/forest rivers), trade routes to increase production, swapping civic cards more frequently, gold/faith purchasing.

7. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

Encampments work for me

8. FearSunn

FearSunn Chieftain

This guide is brilliant!
    Diplomacy in general and warmongering in particular are usually misperceived by average players. This guide shows strategic path how to handle these things in more advanced gameplay. Really impressive!

9. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

This guide has some good things but some things that are outdated.
    This thread is a very old thread... @FearSunn try not to update a very old thread with comments.
    This thread should be locked. A warmonger guide should not be placed directly in a thread and does need updating.
    This guide will be fairly irrelevant in 1 week.

10. FearSunn

FearSunn Chieftain

Then, Young Lady, maybe you could guide me to something more relevant on this topic?

11. Victoria

This one of quite a few posts that should be consolidated into a true guide, the trouble is in a week things may have changed.
    The main point of this post is really about the gifting cities exploit, and it is an exploit in my view because you can come out of wars with everyone loving you. Playing GOTM is a really good way of working through it all with others, everyone is helpful to questions but this gifting cities and s an exploit that is banned there.
    I do have half a diplomacy guide that lists the things in this thread and many others but how relevant that will be is a good question.
    This is a guide purely on the warmongering side of war, there are plenty of other posts and guides that discuss war much better than this, especially science victory ones.
    Some things missed out of this
    Ghandi’s negative warmonger agenda negative is removed by liberating a civ/CS
    Getting a city ceded to you gives you more warmonger points (ceding is broken)
    There is no warmonger penalties / war weariness for length of war so you can always declare on everyone as soon as you meet them
    The entire way warmonger points work is not discussed here... so declare a joint war in the modern age for 24 warmonger points (unless a civ is also at war or considered an enemy when it is less), you get half this for each city taken. If someone declares a formal or joint war against you and you take one of their cities your warmongering is at surprise levels (they will get -12 for taking a city while you will get -18 for taking one of theirs)- this means his advice to be attacked is a little poor.
    How formally declaring a war reduces warmongering
    How razing a city gives a permanent -20 that gifting cities does not remove

Nothing about the points in each era, how much the Casus system effects this it’s a fair amount of useful stuff missing amd some questionable advice in amongst some great advice and a fine initial document exposing how to exploit the system.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    liv likes this.
  12. FearSunn

FearSunn Chieftain

Now this is more constructive. I'm appreciate this.
    Yes indeed to start discussion on this broad topic when update is coming in a few days would not be practical at all.
    Just wanna to repeat myself that diplomacy is very much ignored in this game by average player and this is something that dissapoints me a lot.
    I've made Diplomatic Defeat mod to fill this gameplay hole for myself and just shared it for everyone. But it is obvious that only minority cares about diplomacy in this game.

13. Victoria

The problem is you can get 1000 warmonger points and still win easily, it is only a few minor deals you miss out on.
    Until they fix this diplomacy will never be that serious to the many who use aggression.
    I play all styles and love diplomacy and understand a lot of it like the worth/cost tables now
    There does seem to be also a hidden view of recent actions that affect a view on you, I can certainly stay allies with Gilgamesh even on -50 as long as we keep doing deals and agreements. It is at this area I am stuck. The rest seems straight forward. Given up amd working on spying ATM.

liv likes this.
  14. FearSunn

FearSunn Chieftain

Very interesting. But again quite worthless untill diplomacy means nothing in this game.