1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Watcha Writin'?

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by Zkribbler, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

I actually half a page written about how Arthur Weasley "wins" a trip for two to Pinecreek Hills National Park.

Pinecreek Hills is the setting of the Vacation Adventure: Park Ranger games. The game characters cross over to some extent with the Cruise Director and Christmas Wonderland games.

This idea stemmed from Arthur Weasley (the Harry Potter character who loves Muggle objects but has no idea what most of them are for). I figured he'd be in seventh heaven in a setting like a Park Rangers game where there's so much unclaimed stuff lying around.

Yes, I know Pinecreek Hills isn't in the UK. Yes, I know it's a flimsy (so far) premise for a story. But it won't leave me alone until I write it.

But that doesn't mean I'm not continuing with King's Heir for my NaNo projects.

2. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

I suspect that He Who Must No Be Named rigged the drawing in order to lure the Weasleys into a trap. :shifty:

3. Valka D'Ur

Now that's a good idea. And to think I'd decided it was merely a means to help Arthur and Molly celebrate their silver wedding anniversary! :love:

(I guess they can multi-task... :think:)

This story would need a bit of research, since I know nothing about how the Wizarding World works in the U.S. It's not mentioned in the regular novels or movies, so I'm hoping I can just ignore it.

BTW... Camp NaNoWriMo starts today and I'm setting up the OP for my thread right now. :yup:

4. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Oh I intended to do Camp NaNo, but I got afilm shoot ongoing that conflicts with it.

5. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

u
    wot
    M8

6. JohannaK

It's a ****** unpaid 4.5 day job if a film shoot mind you. So much downtime if I had my comouter I could have cracked at least 1k...

7. Valka D'Ur

First of all... there are no rules that say you have to do NaNo by computer. They did away with the onsite validation requirement and it's on the honor system now. So I'm doing mine by hand, on looseleaf.

You're allowed to enter late, as long as it's not before the validation date. And you can choose your own word count goal in April, so you wouldn't be trying to make up 50,000 words (unless you're a masochist).

If this isn't doable, there's always July...

(and guys, please could NaNo be discussed in the NaNo thread? I didn't start that to sit there and talk to myself...)

8. JohannaK

Yeah but I'm all off-balance now, who knows!

9. wammnebu

wammnebu Chieftain

Hello There! @Valka D'Ur invited me to join from the NaNoWriMo page.
    I am currently working on a Warhammer 40k Alternate Heresy. I'm excited to join the group, does anyone else doing anything with Warhammer or similar Sci-fis?

10. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Well, I play Dawn of War and watch Bruva Alfabusa... :mischief:

11. wammnebu

wammnebu Chieftain

close enough

Thorvald of Lym likes this.