Water Water Everywhere

Basically I build a granary and only expect it to get to a size of 11-13 which happened here. In fact I never have mega cities unless its for a science victory but then I will not push it above 15 typically.
This game I messed around with religion and no cities above 11 and still got a CV in around turn 270 without even pushing apart from the last 10 turns just to get it done. Big cities look great though, I get the lots of wonders thingy.
On a similar note I wonder what peoples highest appeal tiles have been. I got a 10 once but mostly get a few 9's.

I'm counting 14 unproductive tiles with no fresh water. Can't turn it into a world class megacity - population and production have limited potential so yeah restart for me.

You'll probably have to skip early game wonders with this one. Or maybe not..
AI don't rush coastal wonders.

Depending on your playstyle, megacities might not be so appealing, since you need to invest into it to grow. I, for example, don't grow that much my cities past the 10-pop mark.

Depending on your playstyle, megacities might not be so appealing, since you need to invest into it to grow. I, for example, don't grow that much my cities past the 10-pop mark.

Which means you can't race wonders or rush great people/armies by brute industrial power. Then again that's probably not what you're after and not required for victory. I just enjoy the complete control over the game that they offer me.

Top Bottom