Website Wishlist

croxis

Chat room op
What features do you want to see in the democracy game website?

Planned:
*Automatic updating information using the RSS feed generated by the forums (5 most recent polls, etc)
*Image gallery for dedicated hosting
*Hooks for more advanced rp game mechanics

I would also like to see the latest save file, the latest map, current strategy section, and private subforums for member's only faction discussions, and also a public forum for debates and such, somewhat like this forum now, only much better :)

The HOF/GOTM staff has automatic parsing code that allows you to see certain game information without opening the save. This could be handy for people who don't want to/can't open the save to still get an impression of the game. It might be worth it asking them if we could get the code for that feature. I believe AlanH is responsible for the gotm site, and Denniz for the HOF. But I'm sure our resident HOF-mod Methos knows more about this.

a chatroom?

Our chatrooms are on irc-chat.net. #turnchat is used for game play sessions, and #demogame is available for general DG discussions. There was a chat info thread in the old forum, I'll try to find it and bring it back.

Where are we going to host this? And are we going to allow easy updating for those of us who are inept with basic programming?

Alright, front page mock website is up here: http://cfc.croxis.net/

The current game stats would be pulled using the parsing code mentioned. News and blogs are both blogs. Different users could have different blogs.
The bottom 3 would be dynamic pulling the links and topic titles off the rss feads that are generated by these forums. If desired I can do mockups (even throw in a bit more style =p) for other aspects as well.

I would like to see faction stats and polls. Maybe approval ratings? Also, who is the largest faction? That kind of thing.

Great Job so far Croxis. I certainly like the idea of advanced RP mechanics. I would just ask for a history of "" link so new players or absent players can get caught up as the game progresses.

It's shizzle, without a "c", and only NZL can be shizzle ;)

[for those that don't know me yet, ie everybody.. NZL is pronounced as Nizzle]

And as far as the history of "", i reckon we would only be writing down history when we discovered writing. Everything that happens prior to inventing writing should be remembered so we'll see some discrepancies showing up when the first historic writers appear since they might all "remember" something different.
On the website you could already make the section and have it locked with a text that indicates writing hasn't been invented yet..

Top Bottom