Weird Resource Glitch

pandamancer

Prince
Did somebody encountered this before?

How could this happen?

if my eagle eyes don't lie... it shows +0 happiness directly from incense or what? :D

What i mean is i'm getting a -1 for the incense resource and i wonder why

What i mean is i'm getting a -1 for the incense resource and i wonder why

I've seen that, quite recently actually. Think it was because I gave away my only resource of X, got another of it in trade, and traded away that one too. Then war occurred, and all trades got cancelled. But those resources don't disappear from the trade screen until next turn, and in the meanwhile the amounts are a bit messed up.

Perhaps similar to how the game reports 0 wheat or whatever, although you have just hooked them up.

There is another odd thing with resources that was either changed for BtS or is very counterintuitive: One cannot trade obsolete resources and ALL trades get canceled automatically (which is very annoying) when one researches e.g. plastic and has a "package deal" with an AI involving fur. This does not make sense. The obsolescence should only mean that one does not receive happy faces from access to e.g. Ivory or Fur anymore but an AI without the respective tech would still get them, so why not trade them? (Or does the knowledge of the tech by *any* Civ make alle furs on the map obsolete?
It is similar with wonders. They only get obsolete if the *owner* gets the respective tech. This is often also counterintuitive. E.g. having Rifling does not remove the defense bonus from the AI who has Chichen Itza when I want to attack them with e.g. Riflemen... It would also be cooler if one could stop the use of the wonder for an AI by beelining certain techs. (I think in at least one earlier Civ game it worked like that: If any Civ got the respective tech the wonder became obsolete).
(The other annoying thing is that I always tend to forget how this works. (Got Rifles, screw your defense bonus) That's why I think that it was different in an earlier game or in vanilla.)

(I think in at least one earlier Civ game it worked like that: If any Civ got the respective tech the wonder became obsolete).
That would be Civ II. I think Civ III also worked this way, but I didn't play as much of that.

Top Bottom