Welcome here

I've been playing Civ IV and Warlords since June.
I started playing RFC when it came out with BTS, and quite frankly, I play it more than I play regular Civ. I only discovered this now when a handy in game hint told me this forum exists :)...

I generally play Viceroy because I'm not that good of a player, and can't stand losing.

Welcome. I joined here about three months ago, when I found this forum from the same hint... I play Monarch, but switch to Viceroy once in a while (when I'm having trouble with certain UHVs). I can't believe I didn't try this mod until now thanks to BTS, but I'm making up for lost time. There's lots of stuff here; and if you have any questions, just ask.

Don't feel bad. I never downloaded any mod for any PC game until today. I am trying to get the new patch to work. Apearently I need to download the BTS patch as well. Time to pray to the Wifi gods for swift webspeeds and no lost signals mid download.

hi btw, i m new here as my low post count and my recent joining date would indicate. i ve been lurking around here for a while and thought i d give it a try since rhyes mod is keeping me awake these days. i m a big fan of modding communities, my obsession before rhyes was baldurs gate which really surprised me with having mods at all...it turns out, theres actually many of them, either way, now i m here. and i guess i m here to stay.

Got introduced to the mod through Sulla's SG. Now enjoying it more than regular civ (though when I'm playing regular civ I keep checking for stability every turn :lol:).

Got introduced to the mod through Sulla's SG. Now enjoying it more than regular civ (though when I'm playing regular civ I keep checking for stability every turn :lol:).

This is the same for me- I'm in an SG and afraid to liberate a city away for negative stability and cringe when I see cities without courthouses...

Greetings one and all and especially Rhye!

I loved the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization for Civ3 because it added so much content.

Speaking of which, this mod has none (eg. new units, new technologies, etc. stuff I really care about). wtf? :confused: An A+ for effort at the very least. Have a nice day.

wow, right from the civ3 forums, welcome here!
There are tons of mods that add leaderheads, units and techs; this one tries to be different and focus on concepts, limiting additions only to inaccuracy corrections. Just like the original Rhye's of Civ was before being expanded

wow, right from the civ3 forums, welcome here!
There are tons of mods that add leaderheads, units and techs; this one tries to be different and focus on concepts, limiting additions only to inaccuracy corrections. Just like the original Rhye's of Civ was before being expanded

The additions aren't lethal enough to make a difference. You can just plow right through without even noticing if you know what you're doing.

Dale's Combat Mod is awesome (at least it would be if I could get it work :mischief:) because it fundamentally changes the game in ways that you can't just ignore.

Still, very nice overall. :D

I think the additions are 'lethal' enough, RFC compared to Vanilla is massively different. I don't play Vanilla because it sucks, but Rhyes is good, so the is a big enough difference for me at least.

since it isnt worth opening a new thread about i ll simply post it here. my computer has finally collapsed and seems no longer able to play 3d games, yes even civ4 counts as such...
just as to examplify how bad it is, games like baldurs gate (which is what i have resorted to) are laggy...(which really shouldnt happen with a q6600).
i guess i ll have it fixed sometime over the winter vacation, since it usually takes long and other functions dont seem to work okay...and i ll be off two months to the south so i wont need my computer anyway.

either way, i will no longer be able to give much of a playtesting input for rfc europe, but maybe there is one thing or the other i can help with.

Not sure what the purpose is of this thread but want to say that I really like the RFC mod which came with my version of BTS. As you pointed out in the first post: it is almost a simulation. I enjoyd every turn in the game, wether it was with the chinese, the persians or the romans. Very good work.

This isn't really a "HI" message, it's more like a "BYE"...but here goes

This is probably my last day ever on this forum, and although I'm not a huge name on here, I thought I should give my appreciation one last time to everyone here.

A big thanks to Rhye for making this great mod that is a whole new world from the original Civ IV... also thanks to all the people who help out on the forums... I don't know about other people, but I for one am grateful whenever I see names like Lone Wolf, blizzrd, AP, and others answer my questions, as you all at least SEEM to know what you're talking about. Lastly, a thank you to this great forum for hosting this site that is more than just a place to ask questions and get answers!

It has been a great time.

Merry Christmas:)

Top Bottom