Welcome New Members

First post. Hope I get it right. Been lurking fo ages. Played Civ from the first days of Civ1 and it is the only game that holds interest. Now struggling with Civ4 and its mods. Noble level is enough.

Hello everyone.

New to the boards but have been playing Civ since Civ 1. It is not the only game I play, but is the one that never gets deleted from the Hard Drive. Have lost many days dominating the world and will probably continue to do so

Just a quick hello, although I wonder how much people read to the end of a 80some page thread now.

Been lurking for a while, even submitted a (horribly bad losing) game for GOTM 1.

Been playing Civ off and on since a teacher of mine introduced me to it back in 1990-something. That next summer was spent almost entirely playing, but I refused to read the manual and really didn't get the game. I was trying to figure out why France kept attacking my militiamen with tanks.

Came back to the series when Civ II came out and have played all, but never gotten to be what I'd consider "good"

Anyway, Hi to all!

Hi. I'm probably the oldest new member you have, but won't reveal my age at this stage. I've been playing Civ4 since Xmas, and have tried to play every other Civ before, because it's a great game. My first question is, could we have a Beginners Forum, as we have had in Past Civs, because I'm afraid I'm a perpetual beiginner and still have several basic questions where I can't seem to find the answers in the Manual, Civilopedia, or this website?

Sorry, this is Cormorant again. Just found the Beginners section so will post my question there!

Hello anyone,

I am a passionate civver (who is however, only good at Chieftain :p ). Played all parts of the series (including X-Packs), but lost Civ I somehow. Civ IV may lack some features from C3C, but it is the most innovative and interesting (and therefore utmost enjoyable) Civ so far. Among my interests are history and classical music (only as a listener: I keep failing at the piano).
This community/website has made (so far) an almost thoroughly positive impression to me!

Hai all,

I have been reading/downloading from CivFanatics for 2 months. Wow what a great site!!
Been playing Civ III for a while, now waiting for Civ IV Warlords.
Main interest is Playing, learing the grand picture, learing sticky details on all sorts of properties, map creation.
Hope to add in the manual and map domain and I am toying with ideas for a scenario on "The rise of Holland", or how the Netherlands developed and got rich .:)

Greets

Hello. I am a new player, I bought Civilization IV maybe 4-5 monthes ago. I neglected it untill a about a week ago. I have found a new interest in this wonderful game.

Hi All

I have been lurking at this site for ages and am now ready to have a crack at these GOTM's that I have been following. I have picked up so many tips already from just reading the posts and spoilers and look forward to becoming involved.:)

:D I a Chinese boy .Love to play Civilization!! And want to understand other countries' great history and culture.
Invites further attention(请多多关照).
Thank you~~

hey ive been playing for ages now and ive just started civ4 and it is great. the releif i feel now that the new sun is here i am now resting rather easily

woops i thought that 51 was the last page :)

Hello all. I have played on and off Civ3 for 3 or 4 years, but cIV is so great that i am really hooked this time. I am between Noble and Prince level on Civ4 now, and am really enjoying looking at strategies and games that others have played:) I am still, like most young people, a wonder addict. :wallbash::wallbash: I hope that I can recover and do more:hammer: :sniper: :ar15: :whipped: Cheers!

New poster to the forums. Been scanning them for months looking for strategy hints. I like this place and I think I shall stay.

Been playing Civ a little since Civ II got a little more into Civ III but I am addicted to Civ IV. I play mostly on Prince. Still trying to figure out all the little taticts in the game but for the most part I have a grasp on the big picture and I can hold my own quite well.

Top Bottom