Welcome New Members

Hello, first time posting. I need to know how to add new unit in CIV IV. I saw a lot of units, but there isn't any instruction how to add new unit at all. Can't I not add new unit to regular game?

Please help how to add new unit and play them in the game on CIV IV?

G'Day all. I just hooked up and I realised im a ludite. New to the online thing. Anyway, ive played civ. since 2 came out and have been thoroughly addicted ever since.

I started playing civilization in the old board game version and have been playing every version since. I'm 58 years old and live in Indiana. I have 7 grandchildren. Retired from the Air Force after 24 years.

"Give me more soldiers noble leader so they may sheathe their swords into the beating hearts of our enemies!" One of my favourite quotes from the entire Civilization series. I like it a lot!!!

Hi everyone, I'm a 40yo guy from the UK. I'm fairly new to Civ 4, so am likely to be spending time here picking up some tips as I'm struggling to make the jump from Chieftain to Warlord.

This is slightly annoying, since I had no real difficulty earning the title "the Magnificent" at Deity level on Civ II. So here I am, hoping to learn some Civ 4 strategy.

The reason it's taken so long to join the Civ 4 fold is that I never really got into Civ 3, then when Civ 4 arrived, I found my computer at the time wasn't quite beefy enough to run it properly and so it stayed forgotten on a shelf until I upgraded a few days ago.

I had planned to get a Prima strategy guide (I found it very helpful for Civ II) but it seems the Civ 4 one is out of print and a lot of Amazon reviewers have panned it. So I thought I'd check out the forums and see if you guys could point me in the right direction. :)

Hi Guys
I've enjoyed all previous Civs and have just switched to a new PC with windows Vista. Now I'm told it has conflicts!!!! Oh for my old machine!
Please give help.

asgharn: There's plenty you can do in this community. You can talk about Civ, or you can go to Off-Topic if you're brave enough. :lol:

watikarosm: The forum you want is here. I don't know, but they might. :)

Hello everyone

Looking forward to posting here on this site, especially i the mod-section.

I've been playing civ3 for a long time and wanted to do a post-apocalyptic, Fallout-like mod, but found civ3 somewhat lacking for what I had intended. Therefore, I'm making the switch to civ4, since it seems much more open for modding on all levels.

I'll hang around the modders subforum and hope to find what I need there.

Hey everyone, I'm new to civFanatics, but not new to Civ, the first Civ Game I Played was Civ3, and that was a couple of years ago, just as Civ4 came out, I could'nt afford Civ4 at the time, but I picked up a second hand copy of Civ3 at a bargain price (£5). Lucky me :D. Anyway since playing that I have been hooked :D I recently bought Civilization Chronicles, to have the complete colection from 1 through to 4, :D

I played Civ1 once, and did'nt know about the option to not restart eliminated players, so I ended up killing off civilizations really easily(Playing on Warlord) and they kept being replaced by the other civs with the same color, I was looking forward to ending the game by killing off the Germans, when the French showed up on a small island in no-mans land, lol, I had about 30 ships just exploring the seas hunting for them, took me about half hour, to find them, lol

After That I played Civ2, many times, these games are really addictive :D And I've played civ4 a few times, and I'm really impressed with how it plays, much better than civ3 imo, not having to worry about a 1 tile gap in your territory and an enemy building a city in that one tile, even though it gets taken really easily, because of culture it really screws with my careful planning of minimal overlap of the tiles, lol

Anyway, this is me, A Civ Fan, and here I am to join all the other Civ fans accross the globe :D

p.s. I will be playing this months civ2 GOTM, I doubt if I'll do very well, but I like a challenge :D

I am registering so I can play with the Civ1 map editor. I have been playing Civ since the DOS days, and like Civ 1 and 3 the best. Still not sure about 4.

I would be very scared to tally of the months / years of time I have probably spent playing these games.

Thanks to all those who put in their own time to make sites like this.

-Jacob

I have just discovered this website after playing Civ2 and Civ3 for years. I am new to Civ4 and hope to pick up some tips.

I have been playing civ since the super nintendo version (in Washington, they have built a Settler...still cracks me up!) I am still relatively new to Civ 4 but still find it as addictive as ever. I hope to learn a few things from your experiences.

I have finally progressed to this forum.

I am not new to Civ, been playing Civ since days of SNES, and now recently have finally been able to play Civ 4.

Hi Everybody! I've been playing civ3 for a long time and i love civ4.... :D

hey wassup. i joined so i could upload a scenario i been working on and see if anyone likes my ideas. im from philly USA. i like air. AIR ROCKS!!!

Top Bottom