Welcome to EMA!

those are the civs provided for the game! ony some of the civs are in the main scenerio. the rest enable you to make you own scenerio. eg: norman conquest of england.

I dont know if anyone relizes this but it very hard to make an medieval map because alot of civilizations cant exist at the same time im still trying to make one.you need to deside what era in middle ages to use.

Head Serf used civs that were around for most of the scenerio timeline. Yes, france didnt exist in the year 500, but could you make a midievel scenerio without them? Islam was founded in I belive 620 AD, but it is founded here at 500 AD so that arabia would be islam. if you dont like the choices than dont play.

We have to understand that the european middle ages are the hardest point in time to accurately depict in a mod.

If you are making a map/scenario you choose which of those civs you want to include. For example, when I made my Viking Scenario, I used the civs appropriate to the place and time... Normans, Germans, Vikings (4 different ones), Saxons/Anglo-Saxons (about 4 different ones), various Welsh/British, Irish, etc. The mod gives some 30 different civs to choose from, but you choose the ones specific to your scenario.

If you are playing the basic mod with generated maps, then there are 18 civs which are not optional in that case... the first post, I believe, cites them. However, for scenarios there are a wide range of possibilities.

That being said, there is some suspension of believe that is necessary in many cases. In my Viking Scenario, which is just based in Western Europe, many of the wonders are not appropriate... with BTS's mod component ability, I may be able to address this at some point. Similarly for the religions... I use Orthodoxy to represent Celtic Catholicism, for instance, and have put a little island in the NE corner of my map in the Atlantic that is a peak surrounded barb city into which I placed an Islamic/Jewish Holy City (the generation of Holy Cities is Hard-coded so I needed this work around to do it.)

Anyhow, if you are making a scenario/map, there are many ways the map/scenarion file can be manipulated to let you simulate almost any period during the middle ages. Your question leads me to believe that you may be unfamiliar with how scenarios and maps relate to the XML files so that the tools this mod provides for scenario creation can be best used.

If you give us information on the scenario you wish to create, perhaps we could advise you on how this might be done using the tools the mod provides.

I'd advise a seperate thread for this, though.

Prime 900... just to clarify.

The Civilizationinfo.XML file allows for up to 18 civilizations to be basic to a mod. These will be the ones generated by a random map, for instance. These are listed in the first thread in this post.

However, the file also allows for the addition of any number of other civilizations. These will not generate on random maps but can be accessed by scenario maps so any of these civs can be playable in such scenarios. The EMA mod has included about 30 others. I thought they were listed somewhere in this thread, but perhaps they are listed in the FAQ thread... if you wish to know which ones are included in particular, you can open the CivilizationInfo.xml file and scroll down to look at each... the first 18 are the mod basic civs, and the others are for scenario makers. They include quite a diversity of civs including goths/west romans/mongols/franks/venice/irish/scotland and many others.

Almost any scenario you can envision in this age can be simulated in some way using these civs in this file.

All of these civilizations are available to scenario makers, and all except the Crusaders, Papal States, and Rome can be played in random maps.

1. England
2. Saxony
3. Welsh
4. Normans
5. Scottish
6. Ireland
7. France
8. Germany
9. Goths
10. Crusaders
11. Spain
12. Portugal
13. Italian States
14. Venice
15. Papal States
16. Vikings
17. Lithuania
18. Poland
19. Russia
20. Hungary
21. Byzantines
22. Roman Empire
23. Slavs
24. Armenia
25. Arabia
26. Egypt
27. Turks
28. Moors
29. Persia
30. Tatars
31. Mongols
32. Bulgars
33. Khazars

I haven't played this mod with random maps... are you saying that almost any of the above civs may come out in a randomly generated game. I had always thought that a particular 18 were available, and the others needed to be placed in scenarios. Or are the others merely selectable opponents if the person playing the map wishes to choose them in a random map game?

I'll have to start up a few generated games and see how that works.

I haven't played this mod with random maps... are you saying that almost any of the above civs may come out in a randomly generated game. I had always thought that a particular 18 were available, and the others needed to be placed in scenarios. Or are the others merely selectable opponents if the person playing the map wishes to choose them in a random map game?

I'll have to start up a few generated games and see how that works.

If the civs have 0 in the ai playable and playable tags than no they will not show up in a random game those tags have to be overidden in the wbs file to be playable.

Cool. what are the changes?

Hey guys - just want to say, I love this mod! The new .74 runs better than ever! Just one thing - on the small map, it'd probably be advisable to give the area where modern day Georgia is a wine resource or two. Historically, that valley has been a major producer of wine, and iirc has been so for many thousands of years.

I must protest! what kind of European Medieval Mod, doesn't include a Serbia! thats just playing wrong! at one point Serbia was the Strongest state at the balkans! under the rule of Car Dusan.

I request for Serbia to be included :(

How long was their reign of power? the map is plenty crowded there and hungary will probaly take them over. and if you dont like it, make a scenrio with serbia.

Top Bottom