Welcome to EMA!

Hello everyone,

this looks like a great mode! I have always liked the middle ages and this looks good!

Question: Is there an accompaning scenario to play for control of Britain and Ireland between 500 and 1000 on a British Isles map?

Civs of corse would be the various Brythonic (Welsh) kingdoms, Irish (Scots), Saxon, Angle, Pictish, ect ect.

An additional scenario could be a King Arthur scenario.

I am not much of a moder at all, all I can offer is some historical research and encouragement :)

OHH! Another great scenario would be a close up map of the Middle East to play a scenarios based on the various crusades (I, II, III, IV).

David Llewellyn

Drachenfyre, Craig Sutter has a Viking Age Scenario, Head Serf has a Dark Ages Scenario, and is coming out with a Early High Middle Ages Scenario. But I dont know of and scenerio exactly like what you are looking for. But if you can really want to see one, make it, and that may prompt other people to finish or make scenerios. I was working on a scenario about France, but it is on hold while I am trying to figure out XML.

Head Serf, should there be a thread for ideas and suggestions? I have this one idea. Dissalow certiant nations from building vassals and other nations from building horse archer? for example, i dont remember france or germany using horse archers. likewise, i dont really know of tatars using vassals. i figured out how to do this in civinfos file. Should i go ahead with thsi?

This was discussed briefly a while ago... I think the idea was to replace the horse archers and vassals with alternative UUs. There's a thread on 2nd UUs I believe. I think the debate is still out on exactly how to handle this, and Head Serf's not put in his 2 cents worth.

I'm all for adding a 2nd UU to each civ, but not for the purpose of solving this perceived problem. I'd rather we follow your suggestion of totally disallowing certain units from being build by certain civs, and the UUs be handled as a seperate issue.

Anyhow, I think our previous discussion came to no definite conclusion on what to do... I'm curious as to what Head Serf thinks as he's the gatekeeper on this as far as I'm concerned.

@Drachenfyre : The Viking Age would be perfect for the time period you want.

@Ajidica : If you have an idea, feel free to make a new topic about it. It's much easier to discuss an idea when it's not mixed in with others (hence why I don't really want a ideas discussion thread).

About your idea, I liked someone's idea (don't remember who) of giving the nations like Germany and France Irregular Cavalry, basically a slightly weaker or more expensive horse archer, and doing vice-versa with the countries with horse archers, giving them a weaker or more expensive vassal. I think both the vassal and horse archer units hold important strategic parts and shouldn't be removed in their entirety for historical accuracy, but should be changed to work as a compromise between playability and realism.

okay, ill try and start implemanting that. any ideas for stats?

Thanks, ill implement that. Name for Asian vassal?

I think that was my idea. You'd have to change the horse archer graphic so it represented a fast moving Irregular Cavalry unit as opposed to one armed with distance weapons. The vassal unit could be named Noble Cavalry or Noble Horse for those civs that are deemed not to have Vassal units. I'd have to go back to the other thread... the second UU one I believe, to look at the names I'd selected... anyhow, the graphics for this would be less armoured than the vassal.

Top Bottom