1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the MP sub-forum

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall MP' started by Rhye, Oct 21, 2007.

1. andy&jack

andy&jack Chieftain

Thanks for you quick reply. I did try to follow the instructions in the thread, but I don't understand how to "Extract the files contained in the zip in ...your Civ4 folder...\BTS\Mods"

I play the game using Steam, so I don't think I can physically download the game to add to the folder. Also I am unsure what files to add to the folder: do I add everything from the download?

Assuming I cannot use Steam, how do I change the game to its original version by right click? If I right click on the Steam version in the library, nothing happens. If I buy a PC download for Steam, will this work?

I love Rhyse and Fall mod and want to play it MP, but if this is not possible, does Civ VI have anything similar that you know of?

Seems such a shame that this great game was not developed!

best wishes,
    Andy

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

If you are using steam, the BTS mods folder is in your steam installation. I'm also using steam, and my BTS mods folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

You will find all mods in this directory. You can install RFC MP by moving the zip file to this folder and unzip it. You might need administrator rights to do this. All mods you want to install that do not have an auto-installer can be installed this way.

3. andy&jack

andy&jack Chieftain

You are a star. Really clear info - but I still don't see the Rhyse and Fall mods in there when I load a mod after adding the RFCMP117 file. Am I doing something wrong, or missing something?

4. DarkLunaPhantom

DarkLunaPhantom Prince Supporter

You need to unzip that file first by using a program which can do that. I use https://www.7-zip.org/ for that.
    In the end you need to have a folder (not a file) called Rhye's and Fall MP in your Mods folder.

5. andy&jack

andy&jack Chieftain

Ok, progress. I have the Rhye's and Fall MP in the Mods folder. I can start the game in MP mode, but am now struggling to include my partner.

I start MP mode, internet game - it says my name and has the option to join the game. I can play it, but all the options to add another human player are greyed out.

I then tried to set up an email game, putting my partner's email address and stmp server in, but it wouldn't let me send the email. I then tried to PBEM without the stmp server but the game pauses and I don't know how to send to my partner.

I feel I'm being a real pain here, but can I ask for your help again to get this sorted?