Welcome!

I know C, and even though I have not modded before, I still can program in C well. can i join:mischief:

if you want? :)

Just expect to get some.. difficult tasks :p I'm the kind of guy who either want the results, or the closest result through workarounds... heh :)

You could start with looking into the files there are in the Assets... I haven't got it successfully extracted either :rolleyes: but then again, I'm not gonna! :D *yay for me*

So there's some tutorials and guides somewhere in these forums <.<

- Q

P.S. can you create a possibly liiiiiittle larger Resume/CV and/or a brief presentation? :p you might as well make it look professional so you get prepared for later in life :)

Here is my presentation. Just change the file extension from .txt to .ppt and open it with a power-point viewer or power-point. By the way, I made the attached power-point with Microsoft Office XP, just in case the power-point viewers aren't backwards compatible.

The utility to unpack/pack the .pak files is attached. What do you want me to do with them?

I've got no idea! :p

try to look into the files and see what is required for the units, buildings and everything.

Unfortunately I can't help you with anything on this area... :/

A nice presentation btw ;)

First, you might want new build and action icons, etc. which are done in .dds files (direct draw surface). As far as actual unit animations, we need a file labeled (unitname)freeze.nif, (unitname)weapon.nif, (unitname)idle.kf (unitname)die.kf, and a file named (unitname)death.kf. an example with actual files would be:
  • archerfreeze.nif
  • archerarrow.nif
  • archeridle.kf
  • archerdie.kf
  • archerdeath.kf
--------notes----------
  • kf files are moving 3d animations.
  • nif files are stationary 3d graphics that can be created with 3ds max or Gmax.
  • dds files are 2d pictures with more than 1 layer.
By the way, is there a higher person that I should be reporting to?

lol Rothn.

Thanks for clearing that up... but I guess You don't mind telling me more of HOW to do it? :p

interesting with the (unitname) but I guess we should have it (unitname)_(Animationname)

the 'stationary' files (lolz - nice description for it) Are usually reffered as a BasePose.

A thing I don't get, is whether we should have this skeleton and unit animating. That would all be good. But what about the (unitname)weapon.nif? I'm pretty sure I've read that the weapon just 'needs' to be a part of the normal mesh. So what's this for? Is it for the 'bullet' model so it knows what to shoot?
I guess it is :)

So maybe you can help me here... I've got whichever software needed to do this, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Now, do you have a tutorial or a link to one (unless you're fresh for writing a brief one yourself) on how to export your own meshes/models for this game, and probably more importantly: How to get custom skeletons exported too.

Hey, do you think YOU could be in charge of making units work in the game? >.>

and about that 'higher person' I would appreciate if you at first just 'reports' to me :) Since this is more my area and I haven't found a good tutorial to get units in-game and such...

first of all a good finding :)

I'm abit dissatisfied with that I gotta use 3dsMax... since I prefer XSI and/or Maya xD Weren't there a plug-in exporter for Maya released too? And before giving me any link or something, I just wanna know if it works as 'good' as the Max Plugin?

I've spent some time reading it, except for the 1st one as it was a direct link to a 'reply'... And when I looked up the number it had for the topic it said there was no topic..
So the 1st link is broken xD

I've also read this odd tutorial which should work too... but I've got this annoying problem with I can't find the .max scenes which the tutorial reffers to -_-'

So basically it would be best if I work through 3ds Max with the skeletons and such? I can live with that :) will probably texture in XSI, switch with modelling in XSI and Maya and rig it up in Max - heh. (unless... I can just make the skeletons and everything in Max without thinking of putting the meshes on? Wasn't that done through the NifViewer thingy?)

Thanks for the links again, Rothn! :lol: I owe ya one more!

I spent 3 hours searching, and no such thing exists. As far as your missing animation problem, that is just to make sure that nobody gets a free copy of the game, which they could with the SDK, which, by the way, was not supposed to work.

Civmansam!!!!! Do you have any idea how hard it was to find this forum, just to find a current beta version of this mod??? I had to search through pages upon pages of the original Star Wars Mod thread before finally finding it on page FIFTY-SIX on post #1103!!!!!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4588434&postcount=1103

You need to include a link to this forum in your Signature rather than the original thread.

P.S. Some of you guys must need a life if you're going on about getting the 1,000th post or 1,000th reply. Wow. Really. Just W-O-W.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=157016&page=51

I think you've been searching for a little long: Civmansam isn't the mod leader any more. I am. And we're rererestarting the mod. But I can't undrestand why you couldn't find this otherwise. It's in the Civ4 - Project & Mod Development forum, like other mod projects with sub-forums.

Ah, yes, I never got that far to see that Civmansam wasn't in charge of the project anymore. Sorry about that.

And I never really looked in that portion of the forum. D'oh! I usually just jumped straight into the Subforum of Modpacks (which is where I found the Star Wars Mod thread by Civmansam).

Hi Im new, but dont think that means im not good at this stuff. It looks like y'all have alot of people helping you here but if you need any help, just let me know.

Top Bottom