Well, this is wierd...

SamSniped

DJ Goodboye
I started a game this morning as Huyana Capac. It is Warlord difficulty, on Continents, and Epic speed. Using a Quechua that I gave Combat 1-6, I took out the other 3 Civs on my continent (Pacal, Sitting Bull, and Brennus) by Turn 100 (I took out Brennus by turn 15 without my overpowered Quechua :D ). Around Turn 150, this MASSIVE wave of barbarians started, and hasn't let up. I also go to the Medieval era by using the Oracle to get Theology. If anyone wants to play it, knock yourself out.

Could you have built the Great Wall since you were going to eliminate the AI fogbusters? Huayna Capac is Industrious so it'd be pretty cheap. At Warlord the AI doesn't build it that fast although it is one of the first wonders some AI will build.

Number of barbarians is dependent on how many unclaimed tiles there are. Fewer AI civs = more empty land = more barbarians.

I recall seeing a Deity Raging Barbarians cooked start where someone moved all the AIs to the other continent (giving the human half the land all to himself). The barbs were... aggressive. Hilltop cities and Feudalism became very important. Some people didn't get the barbs really under control until after they'd discovered Rifling.

Number of barbarians is dependent on how many unclaimed tiles there are. Fewer AI civs = more empty land = more barbarians.

I recall seeing a Deity Raging Barbarians cooked start where someone moved all the AIs to the other continent (giving the human half the land all to himself). The barbs were... aggressive. Hilltop cities and Feudalism became very important. Some people didn't get the barbs really under control until after they'd discovered Rifling.

You mean this game:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=363758&highlight=deity+raging+barbs

That game was as frustrating a game as I played, but great fun - I loved it.

On warlord level, quechas are hardly overpowered since the AIs only have warriors to defend, and quechas are no better than any AGG warrior vs them. You'd have been better off getting horses hooked up and chariot rushing them. Since you're IND, the Great Wall is yours if you go for it early (any AI capital where you capture a worker should be able to chop it out very quick). I'd tech AH> wheel> mining> masonry> BW.

@michmbk, that reminds me, i nearly finished that game, then lost interest. But i still have the save and i updated the thread . Not going to play it out, AW3 is tedious enough.

Could you have built the Great Wall since you were going to eliminate the AI fogbusters? Huayna Capac is Industrious so it'd be pretty cheap. At Warlord the AI doesn't build it that fast although it is one of the first wonders some AI will build.

This is warlord. You do not need the GW to defend against barbs.

Top Bottom