WerBack's Cities C'n'P

WerBackIII

Jar of the Rotting Brain
OK, I started this thread as I bought C3C and now I'm into city editing again :p

I plan to make some basic C'n'P + some Gimp editing to create my cities

However, I need some advances! :D

Currently I'm working on Arab 1 era cities

Suggestions? I think some basic recolouring will work well to look more "Desert-situated" cities.

It seems like you didn't cut out the city at the green circled area correctly...

Also try to prevent the sharp corners in the south west direction between the two round buildings (no citywalls).. Some dark shadow pixels might make it look more integrated...
Also in the most right city the tree in the fountain looks a little strange.
Ntl a promising start ;)

Fpund a problem - they are too high, to tall... :p

Thanks for the critics. But I should firstly effectivly scale them.

Some people don't appreciate the obsessive effort pixel by pixel editing takes. Keep at it! I'm slowly learning GIMP to add to my repertoire for icon work. The "1000 & 1 Nights" look may end up being useful in unexpected places - for example a Middle Eastern culture group in a SteamPunk mod.:mischief:

The recolouring is nice; just a few little things:
The shadow of the tree on the big left building (light from south-eastern direction) and the shadow in the pool (light from south western direction) do not fit completely together.
Perhaps you can also make the difference/cotrast between light and dark water a little less ie smoother.
Also in the pool in the second column and the tree in the third has some pinkish pixels which can be removed...
Also the most se building in the third colum has some exess yellow pixels.

Saw it, thanks. But when I tried in Civ I realised that firstly I have to adjust the brightness and contrast. They don't fit with the terrain.

Top Bottom