Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

I have a love - hate relationship with these new agendas. I dislike how they are divorced from game play choices, but they do offer variety and provide personality to the other leaders.

I kinda feel, though, that in adding them, they should also have added a third agenda to each leader, which uses only these "personality" agendas. So each leader would have:
  • Historical (Constant) Agenda
  • Hidden (Random) Game Mechanic Agenda
  • Random Personality Agenda (that makes itself known pretty quickly, so it's not really hidden)

I like the new agendas. I wish the secondary agendas held as much weight as primary agendas though. Right now the secondary agendas have so little impact on whether or not a Civ likes you, that it seems pointless. The only thing it effects is the occasional video of them telling you that you're not satisfying the agenda because the relationship modifier is so small for secondary agendas. I wish there was an option to scale this up. (I'm sure there is a mod for this, but I like trying to earn the achievements.)

Is this all part of the MeVI Movement?

I like the new agendas. I wish the secondary agendas held as much weight as primary agendas though. Right now the secondary agendas have so little impact on whether or not a Civ likes you, that it seems pointless. The only thing it effects is the occasional video of them telling you that you're not satisfying the agenda because the relationship modifier is so small for secondary agendas. I wish there was an option to scale this up. (I'm sure there is a mod for this, but I like trying to earn the achievements.)

Hmm... in this screenshot, you can see that Robert the Bruce's primary and secondary agenda are equal in their benefit, both giving +10.

Spoiler :

+10 from main agenda of not being at war with your neighbors, and +10 from "development of your land", which was the secondary agenda happy that I'd cut down lots of woods/rain forests. Each agenda has a specific weight, it seems.

Hmm... in this screenshot, you can see that Robert the Bruce's primary and secondary agenda are equal in their benefit, both giving +10.

Spoiler :

+10 from main agenda of not being at war with your neighbors, and +10 from "development of your land", which was the secondary agenda happy that I'd cut down lots of woods/rain forests. Each agenda has a specific weight, it seems.

That's weird, I had a -3 for not satisfying it and he still liked me. Unless I've been reading it wrong.

That's weird, I had a -3 for not satisfying it and he still liked me. Unless I've been reading it wrong.

Some agendas build up over time, they start with a small/benefit penalty and build up to a larger one. Or the opposite, like a DoF/favorable trade gives you a big bonus that decays over time.

They could probably fix this simply by changing the wording of the reason.

"Prefers to engage in diplomacy with the opposite sex"

It's not you, it's me.

My problem with these agendas is that they don’t actually effect AI actions. I like the agendas that change yield preference and pseudoyield value for the trait. For example the money grubber will make AI
Cleo invited me to ride on her pleasure barge. I think Flirtatious may be her preferred hidden agenda.
Correct you are!

I'm happy they made it a percent chance rather than it always happening

<AgendaPreferredLeaders>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_FLIRTATIOUS" LeaderType="LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI" PercentageChance="10"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_FLIRTATIOUS" LeaderType="LEADER_CHANDRAGUPTA" PercentageChance="10"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_FLIRTATIOUS" LeaderType="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" PercentageChance="30"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_FLIRTATIOUS" LeaderType="LEADER_GILGAMESH" PercentageChance="15"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_FLIRTATIOUS" LeaderType="LEADER_PETER_GREAT" PercentageChance="15"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_FLIRTATIOUS" LeaderType="LEADER_PHILIP_II" PercentageChance="15"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_GOSSIP" LeaderType="LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI" PercentageChance="15"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_SYCOPHANT" LeaderType="LEADER_GORGO" PercentageChance="10"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_SYCOPHANT" LeaderType="LEADER_PHILIP_II" PercentageChance="10"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_SYCOPHANT" LeaderType="LEADER_PETER_GREAT" PercentageChance="10"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_SYMPATHIZER" LeaderType="LEADER_LAUTARO" PercentageChance="10"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_SYMPATHIZER" LeaderType="LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN" PercentageChance="10"/>
</AgendaPreferredLeaders>

It appears that a Flirtatious Alex will accuse you of being jealous of his relationships if your leader is a man.

It appears that a Flirtatious Alex will accuse you of being jealous of his relationships if your leader is a man.

That's actually one of the generic warnings for the flirtatious agenda.

Code:
       <Row Tag="LOC_DIPLO_WARNING_LEADER_ANY_REASON_AGENDA_FLIRTATIOUS_NEGATIVE">
           <Text>You say you're just negotiating in your people's best interest, but I think you're just jealous of my relationships.</Text>
       </Row>

The one specific to Alex is this:

Code:
       <Row Tag="LOC_DIPLO_KUDO_LEADER_ALEXANDER_REASON_AGENDA_FLIRTATIOUS_POSITIVE">
           <Text>I think I love you almost as much as I love myself. You should be impressed.</Text>
       </Row>

There are actually a lot of these custom kudos and warnings for flirtatious (and a smaller number for curmudgeon). Unfortunately, that means that rewriting the agendas is more than just renaming them. :(

I have a love - hate relationship with these new agendas. I dislike how they are divorced from game play choices, but they do offer variety and provide personality to the other leaders.

I feel it does the very opposite of provide personality - the agenda system feels too much like what it is, narrowly forcing AI behaviour down a single usually arbitrary track. Which, frankly, is better than thinking of diplomatic relations in my current game as a case of Lautaro and Robert fighting over Amanitore for several millennia.

Top Bottom