1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Whales are only ocean luxury resource in world

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Xoon, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

I don't know if this is just a bizarre RNG fluke or an actual bug (I scanned the bug list and didn't see it). I'm playing BNW, Emperor, Large map, Continents and the ONLY ocean luxury in the entire world are whales. 16 (out of around 20) City States have whales as their resource. No pearls, no crabs. Should I report this as a bug, because it seems strange.

Save file should be attached if anyone wants to see this thing.

Attached Files:

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

That can happen. Not all luxuries will appear in every game, and it is common for most CSs to get the same luxury.

3. docbud

docbud Emperor

I had a game worse than that. Played Pangea, standard, and half the AIs besides myself had a ton of salt. Needless to say, it was hard to trade.

4. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

This one seemed really bereft of resources, though. I don't think there were any citrus or gems either and only 2 golds. On a big map. That seems really strange. I have more luxuries than that on a standard map.