What about Itakaji province?

MOTH

Emperor
The governor of Itakaji has not yet shown up (I PM'd him several days ago). I am opening this thread so that the people can agree on build queues for this province in an advisory role for the DP. Feel free to offer suggestions or to completely disagree with me.

My thoughts: This is our second core and we need to build it up to maximum power quickly (concentrating on production, minimal happiness, and then science). As such I would recommend many infrastructure rushes.

My suggested build queues and labor allocation are (order of cities is to make DP's life easiest):

Port Solema: Coastal Fort>Factory>Market>Library>University
Laborers: MM for Growth in 1 and Coastal Fortress in 1.

Baldur's Gate: Factory>University>Colosseum>Hospital
Laborers: Vacate Wheat (for Roma) and unroaded Forest and move to other mined Grasslands.

Roma: Factory>University>Colosseum>Infantry
Laborers: Just click on Roma to move citizens to 30 SPT and 31 FPT.

Ominato:
Existing Build Queue: Aquaduct>Market
Additional Build Queue: Harbor>Library>University
Notes: Ominato only gets 8SPT and can't get much higher, so it won't get a Factory.

Wakashio: Factory>Library>University>Cathedral
Laborers: MM to get 15 SPT and 17 FPT vacating the two irrigated plains that Yatta will use.

Yatta: Factory>Library>University>Cathedral
Laborers: MM to get 19 SPT and 18 FPT for growth in 1.

Rush requests (only when we have some shields in the bank). Short rushes may work in some of these rushes on turn 1 and later. DP has discretion to delay some rushes where a short rush will complete the build within 2 turns:

Turn 0: Aquaduct in Ominato; Factory in Wakashio
Turn 1: Factory in Baldur's Gate (short rush via Uni?); Factory in Roma (short rush via Uni?); Factory in Yatta
Turn 2: Factory in Port Solema; Market in Ominato; Library in Wakashio
Turn 3: University in Baldur's Gate; University in Roma; Library in Yatta
Turn 4: Market in Port Solema; Harbor in Ominato; University in Wakashio
Turn 5: University in Yatta
Turn 6: Library in Port Solema; Library in Ominato

Notes on preexisting build queues: The build queues have all run out except for Ominato which has an Aquaduct and a Market in the queue. 4 cities are currently building Infantry (some without barracks) and 1 city is about to finish a Library based on the DPs prior decisions and/or default build.

Any comments anyone?

If not, then I will open an advisory poll so that the DP has some guidance on the WOTP in regard to this province with no acting governor and no deputy governor.

It will be a complicated multi option poll with the following options in different sections:

Part 1: Build Queues - which Cities' build queues do you approve?
b. Port Solema
c. Baldur's Gate
d. Roma
e. Ominato
f. Wakashio
g. Yatta

Part 2: What types of rushes do you support?
i. Growth and Happiness: Aquaduct, Harbor, and Marketplaces
j. Production: Factories
k. Basic Science: Libraries
l. Advanced Science: Universities

Part 3: Other - please post comment in thread

Part 4: Abstain - in whole or in part

I have yet to see the governor (bigmeat) post, or even seen his name on the "Currently Active" list. I think it's safe to say that he is absent from duty. With no official deputy to take over, perhaps we could have an additional election to find a suitable replacement?

Ashburnham said:
I have yet to see the governor (bigmeat) post, or even seen his name on the "Currently Active" list. I think it's safe to say that he is absent from duty. With no official deputy to take over, perhaps we could have an additional election to find a suitable replacement?

Sorry Ashburnham but even though he has not shown up he was "elected" and per the constitution he will likely be declared absent after the next Turnchat(unless he shows up) and then the President may appoint a replacement

Ah. I knew there was some sort of Constitutional contingency for this. Let us continue this discussion after the next turnchat. :)

Yeah, he is. I saw him around a while ago, maybe in October.

Moth, I think we'll just assume you're the govenor now. Good initiative!

blackheart said:
Let's just proclaim MOTH the governor of Itakaji

only if it's official after the next turnchat, perhaps have a one turn TC in order to meet the requirments.

Just so everyone knows the law:
CoL G.3 - Vacancies
A. An official or Justice may declare themselves to be
Absent for a period of time. During this time, the deputy
or pro-tem will act with all power and duties of that office,
surrendering them to the official or Justice when they
return or at the end of the planned absence, whichever
comes first.

B. Should an official fail to post instructions for 2
consecutive turn chats without prior notice, the
Judiciary may declare that office Vacant.
We have had one turnchat without instructions, so the clock has started.

The only person, right now, that can post legal instructions for the province is bigmeat. If no instructions are posted, the DP must follow the last posted queue's for that province. See the JR on that issue (and consider why I disagreed with the majority opinion). Once the office is declared vacant, the President may appoint a citizen to that office.

[lecture mode]
To be blunt, I will affix some blame for this to any citizen who did not run an election and still complains about this. There is no deputy because this was uncontested, and no deputy was appointed. That's a lack of participation. Take yourselves to task on this matter, citizens.
[/lecture]

Until we determine what the status of bigmeat is, please do not poll, etc on this. Discuss, sure. Pass suggestions to the president via the Presidential office thread, sure. Post instructions in the TCIT when you are not the office holder, bad.

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Until we determine what the status of bigmeat is, please do not poll, etc on this. Discuss, sure. Pass suggestions to the president via the Presidential office thread, sure. Post instructions in the TCIT when you are not the office holder, bad.

-- Ravensfire

My plan was to post an advisory poll (as is every citizen's right) and post the results of this poll in the Presidential thread. The President is not bound to follow these instructions.

I will modify the suggested Build queues to take into account any pending queues left over from the prior Governor's thread. (That edit will be forthcoming once I look at the save and last posted instructions.)

In response to Ravensfires lecture: I do take the blame for this. I had wanted to be a deputy Governor this term and did not want to take the opportunity away from a newly registered citizen. Had I run and argued for people not to vote for me I could have been deputy and then been able to post instructions in bigmeat's absence. If there are any other players who are either new to the DG (uXs, Moss, GrandSultan, ?) or recently returned (Immortal, ?) then I would encourage you to apply for this position and I would be happy to be your deputy. Procedural note: Domestic Minister blackheart makes recommendations, but President SD3 makes the appointments. :kiss-up-to-both: :)

This is one glimmering light of hope in our nation. Someone actually trying to rectify a mistake and set things straight. My commendations and respects for Governor MOTH.
Very contrasting to the negative harangue-crowd.

Provolution said:
Very contrasting to the negative harangue-crowd.

The one you seem to make negative comments in almost any post you make yet belong to?

Sssshhhhh, don't you know that the Emperor is wearing brand new clothes that only good people can see?

-- Ravensfire

Sssshhhhh, don't you know that the Emperor is wearing private polls that only good people can read?

Top Bottom