What are the most efficient units for taking tribute?

avl8

Prince
Subj!

Plus more questions about taking tributes:

Is there any bonuses for unique units like battering ram or hoplites?

Is it worth getting swordsman to take tributes?

Is it possible to take tributes during renaissance era or later?

Is it true that tributes gets bigger on epic speed?

It it true that tributes gets bigger as the time passes? I.e. tributes in renaissance era gets you bigger sum of gold than in ancient?

Thank you!

I'd also like to know this, as I think I've heard an LPer explain it somewhere before. I seem to remember quinqueremes were significantly better than triremes, but am not sure if this is cos it gets a special UU boost, or just cos it has a high CS.

Quinqueremes, rams, hoplites, immortals.. Every early unit with high base strength is good enough. Get two hoplites out and travel them together.

With the latest update you can see all the data involved when you hover on top of "take xxx gold" in the ask for tribute section of the CS window.

It it true that tributes gets bigger as the time passes? I.e. tributes in renaissance era gets you bigger sum of gold than in ancient?

Yes

Subj!

Plus more questions about taking tributes:

Is there any bonuses for unique units like battering ram or hoplites? afaik your units 8 tiles around the city and the city itsself plus their units are important for the 2nd factor which got buffed since last patch

Is it worth getting swordsman to take tributes? sure if u can afford it to go for ironworking

Is it possible to take tributes during renaissance era or later? sure, but in late game imho the effort is often not worth it

Is it true that tributes gets bigger on epic speed? i dont play epic

It it true that tributes gets bigger as the time passes? I.e. tributes in renaissance era gets you bigger sum of gold than in ancient? sure, u can easy prove it; they start like with 70 and after 20-30 turns they are already more then 100

Thank you!

thats it

Basically what the others have said, unique units can prove to be good for tributes because the way city states perceive your military strength is based on the overall combat strength of all your units. Something like the companion cavalry can also be useful because due to quick movement speed they can very easily get to the next city state and intimidate them into allowing gold (this also synergises with the greek UA because the city states calm down faster)

I believe that tributes do indeed get bigger on epic speed, but since your costs for everything go up as well on epic it's not worth playing epic specifically for that.

Thanks alot for your answers, guys!

Could you post a link to some of LP casters who talks about getting tribute?

Im actually a fan of Moriarte though I yet to see a part when he talks about it...

Top Bottom