1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Civ are you most surprised is missing?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Bad Wolf, Oct 3, 2016.

1. DCParry

DCParry Chieftain

Well, we are lucky all of those things are completely quantifiable and your criteria for comparison are clear and precise.

Krajzen and Stilgar08 like this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

Persia was my favorite multiplayer civ by far, they were also very fun in SP.
    it was somewhat surprising that Persia didnt make it into vanilla but once I saw that Alexander wasn't leading Greece I figured that they might delay them, but definitly
    the civ that hurt the most (for me) was the Inca, HOW could they not include them AGAIN I hope they get released quickly because they have been my favorite since the beginning.

phryxolydian likes this.
  3. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I have this feeling that Persia was designed to be a diplo civ, and since the diplomatic victory is the one thing from civ5 that didn't make it to civ6...well, that would explain why they aren't on vanilla (and they should be).

4. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

i am surprised it took 25 years before Sumeria got into the base roster

5. jekke

jekke Warlord

Well, yes, if you mean playing as a city-state, I would find this game mode rather interesting as well.

6. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

Why even ask me to explain myself if you're not interested in replying seriously? That's just bad manners.

7. vit_sin

vit_sin Chieftain

LOL, you can't be serious, right?
    Take a look at the Canada's North Territories(I won't even mention Alaska and beyond Bering Strait): Legohli, Radili Ko, Teet'Litzhen, Deline, Qingaq, Qamanittuaq, Umingmaktok, Ikaluktutlak, Uqsuqtuq, Naujaat, Uluqsaqtuuq, Salliqmittimatalik, Qausuittuq, etc

WiseGreen likes this.
  8. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

Regardless of that a lot of Civ-Gamers love the Zulu since Civ1 maybe because their characteristics is very clear they are just militaristic ...
    I understand the Zulu-Civ always as part of the Bantu peoples, as their representatives in game, who successfully expanded with own technologies over a huge territory in Africa. This area is maybe larger than the US or Brazil but I'm not a surveyor.
    The US and Brazil are only older if you start US and Brazil with King Arthur and Afonso I of Portugal.

But I guess Kongo for this time is good and something new. The Zulu I hope come later with an expansion.

In case of Persia I don´t miss them very much so far. Gilgamesh already looked like Cyrus the Great so you just had to rename him.

The Mongolians with Genghis Khan are still most wanted because at the moment there is no midgame extreme expanding militaristic Civ in game yet. Even England, Germany don´t have a UU in this period. It seems to be we get a boring middle Age in game before the start of some holy wars in the Renaissance.

9. Teproc

Teproc King

The Incas. If you're going to get away from too many European nations, the Incas are the number 1 South-American civ of choice... nothing against Brazil, but it kinda boggles my mind that they chose it over the Inca.

Other than that, the Mongols probably, because they're one of the original civs (yeah, so are the Zulus and Babylon, but I expected those not to be in anyway for various reasons).

Totally fine with Persia being a DLC/expansion civ.

qadams likes this.
  10. jekke

jekke Warlord

Well, in which case I am glad we have you around as someone who can immediately be so irresistibly judgmental yet righteous. But honestly, I was sure it was you who started this lively and lighthearted discussion. You want to play as an underdog? You don't need a whole brand new civ for that, just start as any nation and screw up a few things in the opening phase: whoops! you are an underdog now. next, please.

Dude. I bow before you. I swear by a half of my brain I have never heard these names and will never encounter them again in my lousy, damned life. I also suspect that (statistically) none of us outsiders deprived of the joy of living in the Canada's North Territories had. Out of curiosity I picked a random name from this list which happened to be Teet'Litzhen and googled it. It appeared to have a population of 700+ people, similar to that of a glorious city-state of Nan Madol.

11. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

The **** are you on about? If anything, you're the one acting like a jackass. Just look at you going off against some poor bloke listing some Canadian cities. Damn, you'd think he had committed a grave sin against you or something.

It started with someone, for the nth time, dismissing multiple members' desire to play with certain civs. I simply pointed out that the pattern had become clear to me.

Man, you really do seem mad that not everyone cares about the same things you do! I wonder why that is.

12. beorn

beorn Prince

Not so much a matter of surprised, but I will miss the Iroquois. It always seemed that they were a strong AI competitor.

13. Nixalo

Nixalo Warlord

Now that Russia is released, e see there is no "forest-bonus" civ and no "hills/mountain" civ.

Makes the Iroquois/Haudenosaunee and Inca's absence feel huge.

14. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Wait, what? The Mongols are not part of the initial release? The only land Empire to have conquered Asia and the only power to have taken China (however temporarily) is somehow not making the cut? WTF?

Khaaaaaaaaan....

15. beorn

beorn Prince

Yes, I always enjoyed those kinds of bonuses. To play as, but even more as interesting opponents.

16. vit_sin

vit_sin Chieftain

Better be 700+ people, cause Maya, Inca and Aztec does not exist today, at all.

jekke, next article is definitely not for you, don't bother, keep smoking ))
    But for those folks who indeed interested here is one: "Russian conquest of Siberia" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_conquest_of_Siberia

17. Sonmi

Sonmi Chieftain

Except that the Zulus cover the Zulus, and not the Bantu (a group which is freaking massive), same way that the Americans cover the United States of America, and not the larger European genepool most of its population descends from.

If they made a Bantu Civ, then yes, it would absolutely be older than both the US and Brazil as we know them, but we're talking about the Zulus specifically here, and the Zulus are a relatively recent people, younger than both the US and Brazil.

Hell, if the Zulus were only meant to represent the Bantu, then there would be no need for their inclusion considering Kongo, a Bantu kingdom, is already in. I say Moderator Action: Snip
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889, we can have several Bantu civs, both older, such as Kongo, or more recent, such as the Zulu.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  18. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Personally I of course miss Persia greatly, also I still hope for post-Achaemenid Persia. Parthia, Sassanids or some Islamic dynasty (especially Safavids or Nader Shah).

Sumeria was in civ3 and civ4.

1) You probably mean Russia, not Asia because they conquered "only" like half of Asian civilisations (they failed to conquer anything on Indian Subcontinent (were repelled by Delhi), Indochina (were repelled by Vietnam), Indonesia (were repelled by Java), half of Middle East (repelled by Egyptian caliphate) and Japan (repelled by Hojo's army, only partially by typhoon).
    2) China was also conquered by Manchuria (Qing dynasty) which also lived three times longer than Yuan ;)
    3) I still think Mongolia was the greatest military empire in history (especially relative to their technological era)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  19. ales_

ales_ Heir

Only with expansions.

20. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Prince

Korea or Mongolia, or other asian civ. I want to believe.