What Civilization should we be?

I have changed opinion Sumeria is my preferred civ. UU, EW would counter early military rushes. Even if we get rushed stack of Enkidus and Swords would turn the tides to our advantage.

We should stay away from Seafaring because it's too much of a risk. If RM doesn't make a map with a lot of water and we chose a seafaring civ, we'd be screwed. I understand that with China the other civs might see us a threat and attack us early on, but I think China's advantages outweigh that risk. However, I am willing to go with Greece, as BH made some good points.

I'm starting to lean on Sumeria instead of Greece for a few reasons:
1. Scientific is the best trait, IMO, 1 extra tech adds up to more than most of the other bonuses
2. Commercial usually only helps later in the game, agricultural is better and is helpful throughout the game...
3. We won't have a repeat civ from last game...

Black_Hole said:
I'm starting to lean on Sumeria instead of Greece for a few reasons:
1. Scientific is the best trait, IMO, 1 extra tech adds up to more than most of the other bonuses
2. Commercial usually only helps later in the game, agricultural is better and is helpful throughout the game...
3. We won't have a repeat civ from last game...

Greece is a scientific civ so we still have that bonus. Agricultural might be better early on, but once we become powerful and commercial kicks in we have a large finacial advantage on other civs. Also, being a repeat civ really shouldn't be the deciding factor for what civ we pick. I still like China for the traits, the UU, and the GA timing, the early MA a perfect to time get ahead of other civs and take a commanding lead in the game.

I see no problem with those Empiremaker, we should get a poll up soon.

Top Bottom