What civs from Civ6 that still exist have you visited? (Part 1)

What civs from Civ6 that still exist have you visited?

• America (United States of America)

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Arabia (any country of the Arab League)

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Australia (Commonwealth of Australia)

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Aztec (Nahua territories within Mexico)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Brazil (Federative Republic of Brazil)

• Canada

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • China (PRC or Taiwan)

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Cree (Cree reservations in Canada)

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Dutch (Kingdom of the Netherlands or its territories)

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • Egypt (Arab Republic of Egypt)

• England (United Kingdom and its territories)

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • Ethiopia (Federal Democratic Republic of Etiopia)

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • France (French Republic and its territories)

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • Georgia

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Germany (Federal Republic of Germany)

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • Gran Colombia (Republic of Colombia)

• Greece (Hellenic Republic)

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Hungary

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Inca (Quechua territories in South America)

• India (Republic of India)

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Indonesia (Republic of Indonesia)

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Khmer (Kingdom of Cambodia)

• Kongo (Angola and Democratic Republic of the Congo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korea (South and North Korea)

• Mali (Republic of Mali)

• Māori (Māori territories in New Zealand)

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Mapuche (Mapuche territories in Chile and Argentina)

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Maya (Mayan territories in Central America)

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Mongolia

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

untitledjuan

Warlord
Select the Civilizations from Civ6 that still exist in the present day that you have visited or lived in. I added an explanation next to the name of each Civilization to understand what their current equivalent would be. (Part 2 coming soon).

England (United Kingdom and its territories)

I've been to Northern Ireland but I don't think that is really in the spirit

America..! Unfortunately I haven't visited any other countries recently.

England (United Kingdom and its territories)

I've been to Northern Ireland but I don't think that is really in the spirit

Seems exactly in the spirit to me. If someone puts England (UK and its territories) then I'd presume the early and still remaining colonies like NI, Wales, Scotland etc are exactly what they mean.

When I say Cree, among the three I chose, I suppose I use the term more expansiively than some scattered, neglected, Third World standrds, cheated on treaties and promises, rundown townsites called, "reservations," in a condescendng way. My long-term girlfriend is treaty Cree, I have friends, aquaintances, and co-workers who are - as well as many clients in my work in my job as a social worker, and I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - the very heart of traditional Cree lands - and with a large population in it's urban area.

I was wondering about what counts as "Cree territory" in this poll too, because I've been to Alberta, which were traditionally Cree lands, but not any specific reservations. And tbh I don't like using reservations as a metric for this because they were established on lies and manipulation. I selected Cree but idk.

Hmmm. Been to 21 of the 30 listed here, 7 from the other poll, so 28 total. Didn't count Ethiopia although I spent an afternoon at the Addis Ababa airport. Best destinations: the Angkor Wat in Cambodia, plus I got a stamp in my passport from the police station in Timbuktu, Mali.

Used to love to travel, not so much any longer.

I guess this poll will show that Civ players in this forum are predominantly from the Western hemisphere, North America and Europe.

Hmmm. Been to 21 of the 30 listed here, 7 from the other poll, so 28 total. Didn't count Ethiopia although I spent an afternoon at the Addis Ababa airport. Best destinations: the Angkor Wat in Cambodia, plus I got a stamp in my passport from the police station in Timbuktu, Mali.

Used to love to travel, not so much any longer.
Can't say I've been to as many destinations as you have, but I agree about Angkor Wat being #1. :love:

Nobody's been to Mongolia 🤣

Didn't count Ethiopia although I spent an afternoon at the Addis Ababa airport.

Airports are technically international space, so nobody should count being in transit. Layovers (i.e. overnight or more) can count as you do enter the country (also providing it was in a hotel and not the airport).

Last edited:
I only put America, but since I live there not sure if that counts as visiting? I have also been to Honduras but it wasn't the part where the Maya lived.
Probably would if people considered the whole territory held by the Mongol Empire counted, and not just present-day Mongolia. :mischief:

Probably would if people considered the whole territory held by the Mongol Empire counted, and not just present-day Mongolia. :mischief:

Mongols, like Macedon, seems to have adopted conquered cultures (and religions) evolving into The Mughals (building the Taj Mahal) in India and of course China (Kublai Khan) Yuan dynasty.
(It must confuse the hell out of people that the "old man" Kublai Khan is the grandson of Genghis, who looks like the younger one) 😆

Aztecs, the Netherlands, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Tawantinsuyu/Incas, Maya, Portugal, Rome, Scotland, Spain. Fewer than I'd have thought.

Being in the Navy I managed to visit a few of the Southern European and I also checked Arabia (based on what was in parenthesis). As for Netherlands, technically I only visited the airport in Amsterdam, but I actually set foot on the soil, so that's good enough for me.

America, Canada, Gran Colombia, Netherlands and Germany

I have been to "Gran Colombia" (the current Republic of Colombia, keep in mind that the real name of Gran Colombia was Republic of Colombia), America (the USA), Canada, the Netherlands (but only to Aruba and Curaçao, which counts for the purposes of this poll), and Germany.

I also would've said Shoshone since I've been in lands that they considered theirs with the LDS missionaries I think from civ 5 but they're not in civ 6 so I didn't vote or post about it.

America, Canada, Gran Colombia, Netherlands and Germany

I have been to "Gran Colombia" (the current Republic of Colombia, keep in mind that the real name of Gran Colombia was Republic of Colombia), America (the USA), Canada, the Netherlands (but only to Aruba and Curaçao, which counts for the purposes of this poll), and Germany.
Have you been to the Prairie Provinces or Northern Ontario or Quebec in Canada? If so, you've likely been to Cree territory.

17 (OK, 16, if you remove the transit in Moscow)… and somehow I’m the only one to nominate the Mapuche.

No one has ticked off the Kongo: I got within a few kilometres of the DRC when gorilla-spotting in Uganda, though.

Last edited:

Airports are technically international space, so nobody should count being in transit. Layovers (i.e. overnight or more) can count as you do enter the country (also providing it was in a hotel and not the airport).
I spent two weeks in Mongolia on an Earthwatch expedition. Wonderful trip.
Only a six hour layover in the Beijing Airport, so I didn't count China.

Top Bottom